Wednesday, October 31, 2012

QOV Quilt Show and letters!

I know we all do not do our Quilts of Valor for the Thanks... but it sure is nice when one comes in....

"Dear Sue E in Scottsdale    ( see they do read labels!!)

Yesterday my husband went to talk to the Chaplain at Ft Carson. As they were talking he was given the Beautiful Quilt of yours.

You see quilts hold a very special place in our hearts, and we know the love and hard work that go into each one. Thank you all!!

There are a lot of men in F's Unit with medical and physical needs, needs of just a Thank you, and we thank each and everyone who works with you and around you.

Thank you
SFC F. T. and wife"

And now onto the show...

From the Longmont Quilters Military Outreach group - made by Sally P


Just lovely!! Thank you Sally - for letting us find a home for this beautiful quilt!!

This one is made by Gina and her crew in Longmont as well. It was quilted by Donna ( I think)




This lovely quilt was made by Connie and Kathy in Colorado. So - funny story - I was introducing them to some new sewists in our group, and they were seperated. I got one introduced... kept moving on, came to the second of them and called her Kathy and Connie.... sigh.... they have morphed into one person!!!

It was quilted by Kathy F of Evergreen!



This bright an cheery quilt was made by the Livermore Quilters in Livermore Colorado.
It was quilted my Mindy M of colorado.



Oh Look!! It;s not a quilt... my dear son's *new* aunt put these in a package of quilts. Why is Ila their new aunt you ask? Because she sends food!! So they adopted her. And they tried to steal my chocolate coins. Our house is not big enough for them to hide chocolate!!


These are the two quilts that Ila M  made!! I love the stars in this one, especially the center star!!



And this carpenter star!! It is just awesome. Those borders are amazing and the flying geese - I studied those for a while!!


This quilt was pieced by Donna S in Longmont, and quilted by Dottie in Colorado Springs. Isn't that a great network!! I love that you don't have to do it all!!



And this very quilt for the day was made by the Livermore Quilters too! And it was quilted by Linda B in Colorado Springs

Hope you enjoyed todays show!! I sure appreciate all these quilts, and the fact that you are covering our men and women of the armed forces!! What an honor!!


7 comments:

beaquilter said...

lovely quilts

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting the photos of these beauties and for sharing the thank you note.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Thanks for posting the letter from the wife of a soldier who received one of my quilts. I love making these quilts and it is so nice to hear from a recipient. It is so nice to be able to give to someone in need. A quilt is so little to give when you think of all these soldiers have given. Alycia, thank you, thank you, thank you for doing what you do and allowing us to help you.

Norece said...

Thanks for sharing these great quilts. They are all so special as they are made with lots of love for our Heros. Thanks Alycia.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely, lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

I quilted the quilt I made. It's the "Take 5" pattern. I'm not anywhere near as good as Donna, so I am very tickled you think she did it. :-)

Marilyn K said...

I look forward to all your latest additions to the blog. Such lovely quilts and knowing they are going to our service men and women makes me so proud of all the quilters out there who are dedicated to this cause.
MK