Friday, October 12, 2012

Having some fun!!

Today was MY day !!! i got to load a quilt for me - and I was so very excited... I really really really like it, so much that after I took pictures I trimmed it... and.... surprise!! Started on the binding!!

Here is the whole quilt - kind of.... 


I tried to do something a little different in each block.
This one has four ladybugs in the corner of the blue - 
One for each of the girls and their mom!

I quilted different line motifs in each little bar.


And just because - here is a top photo


And a shot of the back - boy you can really see the quilting this way
But Little Bit had a hard time holding it up!!!

And look - the whole back - 
and why yes, that is a shadow of a lamp.....
Dusk is coming to early for me!!

And that - is my quilt!
And I am keeping this one!! 
No matter who shows up!!

13 comments:

beaquilter said...

cute quilt..

Nancy said...

Love the colors of this one. It's such a happy quilt!

LizA. said...

Ooh, what a happy quilt! Yay for you! Do I see some Angela Walters inspired quilting?

Kat said...

Beautiful colors and GORGEOUS quilting. I love the ladybugs most :-)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love the bright, happy colors.

Sue Daurio said...

What a wonderful bright and cheery quilt. And how fun is all the different quilting, love it.

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

Love the colors and quilting...yes,I agree it is a HAPPY quilt! I would keep it myself, lol.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

So cute! Great job - enjoy snuggling under it.

Denice said...

It is a great one. Worth keeping. The quilting is amazing.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt, love all the vibrant colors.

Sarah Craig said...

Alycia, that is so pretty - both the quilt and the quilting! Whoop whoop!!

Ranch Wife said...

Well it's about time! :)And what a great quilt - love those fresh colors and that striped binding is fabulous! Your winter is sure to be warm and happy with that pretty quilt around.

Sheila said...

This is a beautiful, colorful quilt! Beautifully quilted, too.