Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Quilt of Valor is Quilted

Do you ever just have those days.... where everything goes right? No? Me either.... but this one was pretty darn good!  We are officially cattle-less, so that is one less thing to do around here... 

So today - I got to quilt - YAY


This quilt of valor was made by Ethel in Greeley ...


She ran out of that little blue flag fabric - she needed exactly 1/2 yard...


So I turned to my quilty friend Liz and Voila - she had exactly 1/2 yard left!!!


What's that called? Fate? Kizmet? Pure Luck?  or a Great Stash?


Anyways - whatever it is - it made a beautiful Quilt!!
And I had a GREAT time Quilting it!!


Here's the back - just cuz I wanted to show it off!



Ms. Ethel will get it back to bind, because as you all know - binding makes me go into anaphylactic shock...



4 comments:

Ranch Wife said...

Yay for quilting! Boo for being cattle-less. :) We finished weaning on Thursday and will ship in a few weeks. What a neat quilt and your quilting just makes it shine - very nice!

Terri said...

There's another beauty! Don't you just love when a quilt comes together - this one was meant to be... who ever heard of finding just the right piece in someone else's stash! Lots of Luck is what I call it.
Hugs

Judy V. from Thornton, CO said...

Love your quilting designs on the back! Some quilts are meant to come together; how lovely it is that the extra material was found at the right time!

Kate said...

Love that pattern and the quilting is really cool too. I really like how the quilting makes the white look very textured.