Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quilters Accountability 8/11

I am being very grateful for small steps at this point in time! This turns out to be a busy time of year, and I don't remember that it is, until we are back in it again!  I forget that we have to stock up on hay. So far, we have figured we need about 800 bales to get thru the winter - 250 made it into our barns this weekend.... and still there is more to get!

Anyways I got my borders on my quilt - I am really tickled with it. I just LOVE these fabrics. I think I am going to use Black for the backing - but haven't made that decision quite yet. I have the top laying over my rocking chair so I can ogle it some more!

Things are changing around our household so we are doing a lot of learning, rearranging and organization. Well, I guess I don't know that organization is the right word, more like thinking about organization! But it should be fun - the changes that is - I hope ;-)

I do have QA goals for this next week. I got to spend a little time reorganizing my sewing area and I found a project that I have wanted to start for forever, and then I did start it, and then I put it away, and now it MUST see the light of day again.

I am going to call it Bettys Reproduction Quilt. My goal this week is to make some blocks. Lofty huh LOL

If you want to see what others are up to, or even join in this week head over to Bari's Blog    http://crossroadsquilts.wordpress.com/  And check it out!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm right with you on liking those fabrics Alycia!!! LOVE LOVE that limey-green!!!

Yes, life is getting busier here as school time is nearing and summer is ending. Enjoy the "you" moments you find...

Julianne said...

I do love that fabric..Today at guild I saw some lime green and black fabric that would make a perfect back for you. To bad I don't know the company or where it came from.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love those fabrics...especially that lime green!

Anonymous said...

I agree! I adore those fabrics! Black would be way cool for the back - or even a lime green and black polka dot or stripe..... What color thread are you going to quilt it with? I have an awesome lime green Rheingold thread that would be the cat's meow. I got it from Dawn Ramirez and it is shiny and would look even cooler with that black backing....Need me to ship it to you?

So are you going to show your repro blocks? I want to see.... I am also happy I am not the only one going slow on the goals right now!

Take care!

Bari