Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow

Is coming down in buckets and the wind is blowing directly from the north at 35-45 mph... we have a blizzard warning. School is cancelled. So what did we do? Try to play in it. Until our faces hurt. I think it took 20 minutes. Hot chocolate was beckoning!! Quickly!!!
~
It has been snowing for almost 36 hours straight.
~
Do you think they will cancel school again tomorrow? I am ready. We have a few DVD's to watch. We have cookies that we could make. We have 2 gallons of milk - we should be set for a day or two right?
~
Wrangler Man made it home from California - so I have someone to share chores with ( or more like make him do them ALL). He is clearing the road at the moment so in the off chance we need to go someplace we can at least get out. I made it up and down the road in the pickup, but his car didn't want to go. Smart car!
~
Hope you all are having fun!

10 comments:

omashee aka Barb said...

So glad WM got home safely. Our snow had come & gone by the time I flew home. More is expected but I'm ready now. Keep warm!

Sherrill said...

WOW!! Glad it's YOU and not ME!! I don't LIKE being COLD!! LOL

Elaine Adair said...

I'd be having fun if DH was not grumbling, hollering, Bxxxxxxx about shoveling snow. For gosh sakes, just leave it alone - it's supposed to warm up to upper 50s in a few days here in western Nebraska. I like it just fine, just looking at it! 8-)))

Lori in South Dakota said...

You keep all that snow there, you don't have to share!

LizA. said...

Wow -- isn't this early for snow? How much did you get?

Loretta said...

Alycia,do you want some Louisiana weather? It has been in the 80s here. The snow is beautiful, but I like seeing it from afar.
Stay warm and healthy.

Stephanie D said...

Oh, my goodness! Look at it all! And before Halloween--it's just not right.

Kim said...

Oh I miss having snow days with my kids! We use to bundle up and head out for hours....then come in and cook together....soups and hot drinks, then snuggle up under quilts and play video games.

What fun memories, they been grown and gone over 10 years now!
You're gonna miss these times :0).

Happy sewing

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! Glad you all are so prepared for it. Choring in ice and snow can be NO fun! I remember chopping ice in ponds and tanks with an axe...LOL. Thank you whoever invented tank heaters!

Hope you all are still having fun!

Bari

Mary Johnson said...

I'm so jealous! We've had a couple of days that it snowed enough to coat the ground but it was gone quickly and it's 50 today!