Happy Friday you all!!!
And Happy Almost 4th of July!! We actually have a fireworks show to go to tonight - I am so excited. We went last year and it was incredible - the Southeast Weld Fire Dept puts it on - and its amazing!!
This is my finish for this week!!
It is the Winter Mystery that I designed and we ended up calling it Marching Stars!
(its free under the tabs above)
I finally got it Quilted, and it got bound - and!! If you go to the Weld County Fair in July - you will probably see it!! Hopefully they will have the ability to display full quilts this year - they are so much better in all their glory!!
This week has also been a little crazy - we have our Vehicles in the shop! Our Truck made a strange noise as we were fully loaded ( as in horses!!) and it wouldn't shift, so we figured out how to limp along to the Fix it Shop (shout out to First Class Truck and Auto in Evans CO)We had to call someone with a truck to come get us, since we had the horse trailer - so we switched out trucks and left ours - something with the transfer case. Then!!!
I was delivering Quilts in my car and I heard a strange noise. I was about 5 miles from First Class so I thought I would just head there, but before I could even go 1 mile my car overheated and it cussed at me and told me to shut the engine off. I complied - and called a tow truck.
I have one Ranch pick up left - but its not an every day vehicle..... fingers crossed it loves us for a bit. This hasn't happened in a long time - that we are *Stuck* per say haha!!
Ah well - that means more quilting time right??? What all did you get up to this week? Do you have amazing plans for the 4th of July? A lot of my friends have decided to sew - that is not a bad idea!
***************Link Up your DIRECT POST here ******************




19 comments:
What a gorgeous quilt! And the perfect name. Too bad about your vehicles. Hope you have a fun holiday!
Those kind of car events are no fun! I hope everything is fixed soon and you can get back to regular life events. Your Marching Stars design is a beauty, Alycia! Happy 4th of July!
Having just one vehicle in the shop is bad enough, but both!!! That's awful. Hope you get them both back quickly. Marching Stars is a definite winner of a pattern.
Vehicle snafus with stock aboard is the worst. Being stranded along the roadside is the second worst and you had both. UGLY! I hope the repairs can be made quickly and the old truck has little more 'love" left in it! Your Marching Stars is a beauty. It will look amazing with all of its neighbors at the fair display. Yes, full quilts always look better than when they are folded! Happy Fourth. I will be stitching.
Oh, dear -- multiple vehicles in the shop at the same time? The only thing worse than that would be if all of your sewing machines broke at once! Hope they are easy fixes and not too costly either. Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Must be something in the air... Ha ha. Thinking about the smoke... I had all kinds of lights go off on my dash this week, so had to take the car in. Thankfully, most were just sensors telling me I'm dangerously close to 100K, but I did have to replace one nailed tire.
The quilt is such a beautiful pattern. Once I finish organizing, I might have to make another QoV with that one. Thank you for sharing!
So sorry to hear about your vehicle woes. I hope all is back to normal soon. Love your Marching Stars quilt!
Great QOV Alycia! That stinks with your trucks but yeah for more quilting time! Fireworks tomorrow night for us! Happy 4th of July!
Oh my ! When it rains , it pours. I hope your vehicles are back in working order soon. Marching Stars is gorgeous, Alycia. You are an amazing designer. Thank you so much for the free design. It is going on my To Do List. Enjoy the fireworks! Happy Independence Day!
More quilting time is the first thing that came to mind! Happy 4th!
Car/truck problems are never fun and always seem to be expensive. Hopefully you've got both vehicles back and are mobile again. Marching Stars is really fun. Congrats on the finish.
Oh my, so much excitement for the week (whenever we have to sink $$ into our truck I remind my husband how mich a new one would cost). Love your finished quilt, have a great weekend!
I hope that your vehicles are ready to roll soon! The star quilt is beautiful!
So sorry about the vehicle malfunctions. Hope everything gets back to normal soon. Terrific quilt! Happy 4th of July!
I love your quilt...Marching Stars is the perfect name. Looks to have been a fun mystery. Sorry for the truck/car woes...its never fun when they are all being fussy, in succession. Happy 4th!
a perfect quilt for july 4th! and you had me at cheesecake factory....lol
What a mess with all the truck and car troubles! I do hope they get resolved quickly. Lovely quilt...Marching Stars...and perfect for the season. Happy 4th!
Beautiful quilt! Do you have a trick so that your half square triangle do not end up being slightly smaller than the rest of the squares? The bane of my existence! LOL! Good luck getting your vehicles fixed! Blessings!
Your Marching Stars finished quilt is beautiful - the red binding sets it off perfectly. And oh no! I hope your remaining truck behaves until you can get the other vehicles fixed and back home.
Post a Comment