Monday, December 07, 2020

Polka Dot Mask Quilt Design Wall

 When the plague hit and we were all supposed to be making masks.... I struggled! I would find a box of fabric and think oh - I can make masks.... but it would be a much cuter quilt!  and then I would keep looking.

I found the cutest stack of fabrics and I thought - oh those would be colorful, happy masks..... but I procrastinated so long... I could finally make it into a quilt - yay me!!

and I like where it is going!!



I have more cut, and am stitching them up - each block measures 10 inches.. I think I am roughly going to 60 x 80 - so we will see how close I get. These are just bright happy Colors!! I love them!!

It might need a better name, but that is what I have been calling it in my head..... 

Linking to:

Design Wall Monday       Monday Making

8 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your polka dots...something just so very fun about those fabrics!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Polka dots are so happy!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I would much rather make quilts, too - but our masks are some of the nicest I've seen when we do go out and I feel safer knowing we have the removable filters in ours. THE MASK QUILT - what a fun name.

swooze said...

Call it “unmasked”

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I like this...so colorful. Have a great day!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Yes to bright happy colours! I made a few masks early on and then said no more. I have limited sewing time, and I didn't want to waste my time making masks.

Delighted Hands said...

It's a totally pertinent name considering....
Very happy quilt is what we all need to see right now!

chrisknits said...

A quilt is a much better use than masks! It is going to be a very happy quilt.