Friday, January 15, 2016

Milk Cow Quilt

Oh my goodness - this week has been crazy!!  I like Christmas or Winter break better. This week was a full week for the kids and for me!  I had all these big plans on Sunday night - and Bam! Woke up Monday and.... it all fell apart.... yep!

Oh well - There's another day to keep on trying.

I did - finally - get this quilt quilted.  I saw this fabric line at Sew Downtown in Greeley and just fell in love.  I used to have all sorts of Dairy Cow stuff. And then I married a rancher - and they like beef cows!  And roping steers, and well, Black and white dairy cows just aren't all that cute to them.  But this fabric made me happy!




It's pretty simple - I know - but it was a layer cake, and I just didn't want to cut those cute prints up....

So.... I didn't!

Here's a close up of the Bucking horse rider I put on it.  This is an attempt to prove to the rancher family - its okay to KEEP this quilt.



And i quilted Roped all over it - 


And I even put a longhorn.....


They have to let me keep it now right?


Linking to:




10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sometimes simple is just- happy. I love your happy quilt!

Ranch Wife said...

LOL...this is a dairy cow free zone too. However, we've got lots of dairies in the valley around town. They lost a lot of livestock during the blizzard so the price of milk's going to increase.
I love your quilt. I vote you get to keep it.
I happen to have some old black and tan fabric with dairy cows on it in my stash. I though about pulling it out and making something with it. I could sell it to the dairy ladies! It's kind of cute, but you didn't hear me say that. :)

Cathy said...

I can see why you love that fabric (me too). Love the quilting. Yes, you must keep it. You must.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray! for simple quilts that make YOU happy!!!

Nancy said...

Such a fun quilt, Alycia. I should they they would insist that you keep it considering that you're compromising with dairy cows on the front and ranch cattle in the quilting.

I have some cute pink dairy cow fabric. (Yes, the cows are printed in pink!) I have no idea what to do with it. I think it came my way from a recycle shop.
Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Paige said...

The longhorn is adorable! Thank you for your commitment to QOV!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, it's all yours now. LOL Beautiful quilting!

Kate said...

Simple quilts can still make you smile and feel warm and snuggle. Hope the rancher guys let you keep it.

Christine S said...

super cute and I love the quilting! I agree, simple squares are perfect for fabric we can't bear to cut up too much :)

Angie in SoCal said...

Yes, it's a keeper. Love all the touches you did with the quilting - it's simple no more. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone. It brought me here.