Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer has Started

Summer is always busier that the school year I think. We have Swim Team in the morning till 11:30 and then always find something that has to be done in town. Usually 2-3 days a week we stay at the pool for a while. And all that is wonderful - but then the time goes away!

Oh well. I finished this quilt for a customer. Her friends mother made these Dresden plates way back in the 30's and 40's and they finally put them on a top. She made it for a daybed, and made pillowcases too. I really liked it.
my customer came and picked it up today and was very happy. So we like that.
On another note - my not so top secret project is going along very well - I cut all the pieces, have a bunch sewn and will iron tonite. Now if it all goes well and works right I will share it soon...
Hope you all are having a good one!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

You did a beautiful job on the dresden plate!

Lori said...

I agree summer is busy. Our summer doesn't start til the end of June. I want to go to Yankee Stadium we will see!

Kim said...

One of my favorite patterns- I hand quilted one of these a few years ago. Someone bought me a vintage top for my bday and I just love it.
I adore all the pics with the soilders and their quilts. I recently made one and donated it to a local soilder who even though has been in and out of Walter Reed for rehab never got one. But darn if I didn't forget my camera- his toddler son had it before I left -lol. 3 more weeks of school for us.....

Mary-Frances said...

Can't wait to see the project, we're off and running on summer too! My mind boggles at the schedule this summer! :)