Thursday, February 28, 2008

Four Patch Log Cabin QOV

Last year I had the kids practice there sewing by making 4 patches. I saved all of them and made some Log Cabin blocks with those as the centers and then put this top together. I quilted it Monday - however - let me explain my Monday.... My middle Son had the flu over the weekend and on Monday was still pretty queasy and sick. So when he took a nap ( or was going to take a nap) I headed downstairs to quilt this. I had a great plan. I was going to do one of Suzanne Earleys Meandering Magic Star Ideas on it. I had practiced it on paper, I was ready to go.


So I put the quilt of the frame, loaded my thread and was ready to start, as my son came downstairs. He wanted to talk to me while I quilted. ( we do this a lot) However this time I must not have been as secure in my quilting plans, because as I finished the first row I noticed I had meandered the whole thing without leaving ANY room for the stars... Well because I am so adaptable - I changed my plan to an overall meander. And truthfully I think it fits the quilt well.


Lesson Number One: No more talking until the quilt is in motion!!!
The Good News - my son feels much better and went back to school yesterday, and today. This makes 5 quilts ready to go to Fort Carson!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm sorry your son has been feeling rough. Gemma has had the flu aswell and has had time off school. It's hard seeing your little ones suffer

love and hugs xxx