Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You are Amazing!!

Well - I kind of had a shameless plug yesterday- but I didn't know if I was being greedy or not. I mean there are soldiers all over the country who are injured - what makes "my" soldiers more important? I was discussing this with my husband and he said - people donate because they want to, not because you guilt them into it. If their hearts are drawn to your shameless plug - then you will find out.

Oh My Gosh!!! I had class this morning and when I came home this afternoon and checked my emails I was in tears... literally - I heard from 6 people all wanting to send us a quilt or two or three to deliver. ( A total of 12 quilts) And a few had tops that they were going to finish and get to me. I am in Awe!!

So I went downstairs ( my office) I counted my quilts - after I get the rest of mine quilted I will have 9 that I have made. The 5th graders have a total of 9 already finished and will be quilted shortly. I heard that the High School group is making two. Then the High School CFS teacher is doing the coordination of a Community sew day - so maybe we will get a few from there.... I am so excited!!!

Do you think there is a real possibility that we could have 400 quilts to deliver in May? This would be so awesome and such a great surprise - but honestly I will be so excited to be able to deliver these quilts. The 5th grade is getting really excited as the time is getting closer.

Okay I am sure I am rambling - but I just wanted to let you know how excited I am, how humbled I am at the support for what our group is doing, and how lucky I am to know people like you all!!! (see the tears again- oh my you might think I was a basket case....)

Have a GREAT evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helen in the UK said...

I think ALL the troops are important no matter where they are located. If you are the one galvanising people to support them - good on you! People wouldn't help if they didn't want to.
I'm afraid I'm not in a postition to help practically, but I'm cheering you on from the sidelines :)