Friday, December 04, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge ... and.... Finished ( or not) Friday

 I have to tell you, I am kinda proud of myself today....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.. and this year - even before the end of the year... 

I AM FINISHED... as in it is quilted, and get this.... are you ready??? Bound!   there were no earthquakes or hurricanes that day either.... so it's all good right?

Are you ready to see my creation?

First - you should know that these are ALL Hand-dyes from Colorways by Vicki  because when you drool over the colors - you too... can have your own.....


okay - ready for real this time?


I am just in love with this one... I used Vicki's Hand dyes - and they stitch like butter.... so smooth..

and I used Quilter Dream Puff - as that is my most favorite batting in the world for quilts that I am going to keep.... oh!!! Maybe ... it is my signature batting.... Oh ya - I am going to call it that!!




And then I used a really pretty pink Flannel on the back - of which I did not take a photo. But in my household - if I put Pink on the back... it is mine... all mine..... 

And I quilted it with fun funky feathers and .... I love it.. I was not even horribly sad when the evening temp was -4.... I did my chores, and came inside and me and Puppy snuggled right away!!



Okey dokey - enough bragging about me!! Show me what you have been up to!!

Remember - PLEASE provide the direct link to your post - not to your blog, but to the actual post.


***************************



!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**** ************************************** !


**
Linking to:
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIF Friday at Pretty Piney
Rainbow Scrap Challenge at Super Scrappy

28 comments:

julieQ said...

OH I love it too!! What a fun finish! Yep! That is pretty cold for chores!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

The bright colors on your hour glass blocks are eye catching and lovely. Very cheery and snuggly with the flannel backing. Great job!

Kat Scribner said...

Oh yes, your quilt is gorgeous, love the design lines and pink on the back in a house full of men is just clever! lol I love the RSC program too but have many to finish as there are so many possibilities to use it in and then i start them. Happy Friday. For me, every day is happy day when you're retired.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Rainbows, Vicki's fabrics, and feathers? What's not to like? It turned out SEW beautifully, Alycia!!!

Vicki in MN said...

You can just see the snuggliness in your photos! Congrats on the finish of a fun, vibrant quilt perfect to snuggle under in the cold winter.

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, I love it!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh wow, Alycia, it's stunning! What a beautiful way to use the hand dyed fabrics. :)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your RSC quilt is so bright and happy, enjoy using it. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

Oh, Alycia -- this is such a cheerful rainbow! I love the colors and I especially like the layout!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty, Alicia! So bright and happy. Congratulations on your finish!

Sandra Walker said...

Oh this is gorgeous Alycia! I am hoping to get one of my two done by the end of the year. Those hand dyes - be still my heart! Love the quilting motif too.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the setting! I always think 'YES! I want to do the rainbow scrap challenge! but then I can never decide on a block to make.' Yours turned out awesome!!

Preeti said...

You are kinda proud? I am kinda bowled over. OK, no. I am completely bowled over. So pretty. Love it.

Sara said...

Now you've done it - caused me to want to make lots and lots of hourglass blocks for next year's RSC. I love this quilt.

Snowcatcher said...

My goodness, what bright colors! If this quilt doesn't brighten your day, nothing will!!! Love that you get to keep anything with a pink back... ;)

Delighted Hands said...

Hand dyed fabric AND a a bit of movement with the zig zag colors arrangement!!!! Just to much fun!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Well done! Well done!! This is beautiful. The colours are amazing.

WeedyMama said...

So bright and cheerful for the winter. Pets are great for snuggling with in the winter time, except for those cold noses.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats - this is one FABULOUS quilt!

Cathy said...

I love RSC too. I've really used up the scraps since I started RSC projects ages ago.

I love seeing all the colorful finishes that provide inspiration. Congrats on your finish. I love that you add pink to the back of YOUR quilts.

Julie in GA said...

I love your rainbow quilt! Vicky's fabrics absolutely glow, and your layout for the blocks is fantastic!

Becca // Pretty Piney Quilts said...

A beautiful finish! I love the saturation of the hand-dyed fabrics, and the quilting is fantastic. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Susie H said...

Beautiful finish! I love the layout, it just sparkles! What a comfy sounding quilt with its pink flannel back. Great job!

Katie Z. said...

It’s beautiful! I love Vicki’s fabrics too.

But -4... brrr.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Deb A said...

Gorgeous finish and I too love playing with her fabrics. I made a graduation quilt for a nice with her fabrics and loved the feel of them. Enjoy snuggling under your pretty quilt.

Sara said...

That is a beauty! I would be proud too.

scraphappy said...

Those hand dyed fabrics are just delicious! The quilting turned out beautifully as well. Congratulations on a finish.