Thursday, August 22, 2019

Finished or Not Finished Friday

Welcome!!!!  I am so excited to be the new host for Finished or Not Finished Friday!! Thanks Myra for trusting me with it!!

So!! The exciting photo shoot of my Finish!!!

I finished my quilt, took it off the frame, grabbed my kid and said lets go outside and take some photos - and then the phone rang. It was the National Weather Service ( I am a weather spotter).

They asked - can you see the Tornado from your location? and I went... WHAT?????

I am not sure how good I felt about that - so I walked outside to look... as surprisingly my roof doesn't allow me to see through it!! ha!

The tornado they were looking for was actually about 12 miles East - so I was good.

But then I decided I would just try to stage a pretty photo inside - I mean WHY tempt fate right?



This Quilt is called Steppers - and Liz in our Stashbusters group wrote the pattern and did a sew along - I LOVE it!! I had such fun picking through my Plaids - I believe they are all 3 1/2 inches wide - so you get to see a pretty amount of them!

Update - Liz says you can contact her if you are interested in the pattern : compusword @ msn . com  ( remove the spaces)




And just in case this week has been stressful for you.....
Here is a nice relaxing photo from our vacation to the west coast.





Alright - Now it is your turn!!

***********************************************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



**********************************************************************

Oh PS!!!
Just to prove that I am not perfect!! I made a little typo on the Fabric Requirements posted Wednesday - I have changed them and re loaded the PDF - the Light - you NEED 3 1/2 yards ( not 1 1/2)  you know that 1 and 3 are so close together!!

*****************************************************************
PPS
I need to make a FONF logo - but I have been a bit sidetracked.... hopefully I'll have one for you all next week
***************************************************************

Linked to:
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a fabric addict
TGIF Friday at WIP Girl
Peacock Party at Wendys QUilts

23 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Pretty shot of the lake and great quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad the tornado missed you!

Kim said...

Oh wow, a tornado 12 miles away would make me a little nervous. Your Steppers quilt is fabulous. Love all those plaids and the quilting is lovely. How fun that you are the new host to Finish or Not Friday. LOVE the vacation photo. It looks as if you had a restful time drinking in all that gorgeous scenery.

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous cozy quilt! Love your peaceful photo:) My week has been all about fun and relaxation, ahhhh heaven! So can you send me a link to your stashbuster group I think I need to join!!

tealeafquilts said...

Would love that pattern from Liz!

chrisknits said...

I love plaids!!! But I can never find just the right ones for me. LOL I just need to buy all I see and trust they will work together.

Jayne said...

Congrats on your first Link party! Its going to be a great time and easy transition!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Steppers quilt looks great! Had to chuckle about the call from the National Weather Service, though. Weren’t you even a LITTLE bit tempted to get some outdoor photos of your quilt with an eerie tornadic sky in the background??? :-)

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

I'm glad the tornado missed you. Sometimes we just have to take quilt photos inside. You certainly have a lot of plaid fabrics. I'm that way with neutrals. I just can't pass up a good neutral when I find it.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty quilt, and congratulations for hosting the linky party ;)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Congrats on the finish. Hope you enjoy hosting the linky party. I would have stayed inside as well. What does a weather spotter do?

Kathy S. said...

Thanks for being the new hostess. I always love your humor--and your quilts! I've been a follower for a long time and will be joining as often as I can with a finish.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Big Congrats on you taking over this link up! I appreciate it very much.
That is a gorgeous photo you shared. I'm curious about the plaids you used in your lovely quilt. I see a lot of men's shirts at the thrift stores with some gorgeous plaids; I wonder could they be used in a quilt like this. I did use one for sashing once.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

And you're off and running with FONF! The plaids are perfect for the pattern.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE your new quilt and that sunset photo!! I needed a bit of relaxation after the week I've had. I think I need to share it with DS1, as his stress is what increased my anxiety level!! Kids. Even when they're grown!

Cathy said...

Love that plaid version of Stepper!

Angie in SoCal said...

Love that plaid quilt!

grammajudyb said...

Wow, I heard the 9News weather guy, say the tornado near Kersey and I immediately sent up a little "stay safe" thought! Glad it was not too close to you!

Love your Steppers quilt! I am partial to plaid, and I don't have many! Will need to remedy that!

Clumsy Chord said...

Lovely quilt! Looks like a nice and simple one to out together and all those plaids make it look honey and cozy.

Vivian said...

Great to see you stepping up to the helm of FONF! Looking forward to following the new mystery too. Your "Steppers" looks so cozy -- there's something about plaids and RWB. Will make some veteran both proud and feel nurtured!

Jenny said...

Beautiful manly quilt, great job! Thanks for the link, Liz has kindly sent me the pattern, I really appreciate both you and Liz for sharing.

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks for taking over Finished or Not Friday. Those of us who share our quilts appreciate that it's going to continue, and you're going to be great at this. I've changed the list on my blog to reflect the new URL.
Your plaid quilt is lovely. I have plaids cut out and in kit form. Your's has me wanting to get sewing but I have to get some UFOs finished up first. :)

Lynette said...

I love this quilt! It makes me want to go have fun at a hoe down BBQ or do some line dancing with my friends.