Friday, January 04, 2019

Bullseye Log Cabin Finish!!!

For lack of a better name - I am calling this the Bullseye Log Cabin ....

Our QOV group is making these for our January/February 2019 Block of the Months ... and I made the pattern - and I sewed the sample, and the boys turned on a movie, so I just kept stitching while we were watching and

the next thing you know - I had a whole quilt! and you know I just couldn't stop there...

I mean I am on a sorta vacation for a few days - so I headed off to my quilting machine - Bam!!

Its a finish!


Well = truth in advertising - It is as finished as I will get it - I have friends!
Friends in high places that bind it for me - cuz they know it puts my into anaphylactic shock ( ha ha)


This is the block
Its so easy!!





and here is the pattern!
Just in case you need it



I have to tell you I am kinda sad - Craftsy never sent me a letter, never notified me of any of my patterns being deleted. I learned that there may be changes from other blogs who had received notice.

and then! They deleted all but 1 pattern from my site. So all the Free ones I had on there are gone. I will be re doing them and posting them here - and re linking them - but that was sad, and in my opinion a bad business move. But they never asked me!

All of my other Patterns are moving to Etsy - slowly but surely...
it takes a lot of time - and I am not one for patience.

In the meantime - enjoy this one ;-)
and check out my Etsy Site? 




Linking to:


15 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

What a great quilt and accomplishment while watching a movie!
Craftsy notified me my shop was staying. But then they deleted all but 1 pattern-my most popular. I thank them for letting me do free business but sure wish it could have stayed the same.

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for the tute. I think Craftsy may regret this action. I know I don't plan to purchase any of their products anymore.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Thanks for the pattern. I contacted Craftsy, when I heard about what they were doing, and complained to them. I'm hoping that I don't lose all the patterns that I've purchased.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That is a productive way to start the new year! I'm definitely bummed by Craftsy as well, but we will all figure it out, right??

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thank you for the quilt photos. So sorry about Craftsy. I did complain, but they are just so perky, it is better now, mode in reply.

Anonymous said...

Are you doing a Block Drive with this pattern again?
Might be people willing to send blocks to put some more together....

Denise in Saskatchewan

Snowcatcher said...

Amazing that you can finish a quilt like that so fast! Yes, it's an easier block, but holy moly! You are smokin'!

I'm so sorry the Craftsy thing hit you, too. I have read about some of my other favorite quilters who have been through similar experiences in the last week, and it's very disheartening. Craftsy had an office a couple of blocks from where I work up until a few month ago, and then it suddenly, without warning, disappeared. So what they've been doing with their online patterns doesn't totally shock me. They've probably had to reduce their bandwidth by miles to save money. I'm just really glad you have other avenues to peruse after this. I hope you will be successful! Happy new year!

Farm Quilter said...

Look at you go, girl!!! Love the quilt! I agree with Libby, I won't be buying anything on Craftsy or Bluprint ever. A few of the blogs I follow got 7-10 days notice of the plug being pulled on them and got the word out. I downloaded all of the patterns I had in my "library" there. The only thing I'll be going to Craftsy for is to watch the classes I have paid for. If the designers are smart, they will leave Bluprint. I won't support them there and I from what I've seen in the comments on other blogs, not many will.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That's a great quilt. Sorry to hear about Craftsy...they didn't handle things very well. :(

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This simple block sure has a big impact! Love this finish.

I am frustrated with craftsy too. Just not a good way to do business :-(

Carlie Nichols said...

Thanks for another great block idea. Maybe I can clear out my strip supply. Think I'll combine those blocks with some stars too. Carlie

JoanG said...

That is a great quilt for quilts of valor, or done in other colors, for a charity quilt. I love simple quilt patterns that look really good! I read the faq from bluprint, they went from 200,000 patterns to 20,000. There is definitely something wrong with their business plan. Hope they begin to turn themselves around before they lose more customers.

Kate said...

A very fun finish! Very disappointed in Craftsy. That's very poor business to not notify you about the changes.

Sherrill said...

Love the quilt (and Craftsy is BAD for doing that!).

Michele said...

Great quilt. It seems Craftsy really did a number on lots of designers sites. I guess I'm glad I didn't start a site there.