Sunday, July 23, 2017

Design Wall Monday!

Well it is really Sunday night as I am writing this cuz guess what??? I will be up early tomorrow - and I may forget! And then! I will be sad......

This is what is on my Design Wall Right Smack Now:





I think this is the final Layout - these are the Block Drive Blocks called the Log Cabin Triangle - all of these had the triangle turned opposite that the pattern - and Yet!!! I LOVE them!!!  Found a whole new way to use them!!!




And then Clue #2 - mine is all finished for my A6 Mystery 







This is the original That you are seeing in the clues:


and this:  ( Below)
Is my next one that I am stitching along with you!!
I switched up my colors a bit - so I could have fun too


And look
It's us!
We had a date night....

We weren't needed to chauffeur kids around
and the boys did all the chores
and they cooked them selves dinner
  and it felt really really weird 



I may have to go have another kid
Or cry in the corner????


Enjoy!!!

13 comments:

Miaismine said...

Funny lady - have another kiddo or cry! How sweet! I so admire your passion for creating patriotic quilts! You are one amazing lady who made me smile tonight! Thank you for sharing!

Libby in TN said...

Love your layout!

sewyouquilt2 said...

lol date nights are always good..... love your quilt

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Aww, date night, sweet.
Love the layout!

Vicki in MN said...

How cool is that y,ou got a date night! Very creative layout in the first pic, I like it!

Ranch Wife said...

That is a VERY cool design on your wall! And your mystery quilt looks awesome too...you are just on a roll! Throw in a date night and it sounds like you had the perfect weekend. Don't cry yet...you've still got kiddos at home. Save those tears for the first week your nest is empty.

Nann said...

The blocks have a great "modern" look! Don't worry, you'll adjust to a no-kids household.

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

I love the first quilt! It reminds me of art deco, modern art, impressionism....take your choice!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
WOW - I just love the blocks in this quilt. I don't know how it could be a mistake because it is fab. I love those blocks with the red/white/blue strip fabric. Oh heck, I love them all! Can't wait to see this all together and quilted. ~smile~ Roseanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

FUN design!!

Robin said...

What a fun quilt. It's design makes me want to study it for a while. It is very pleasing to look at. Of course, what's not to like about red, white, and blue?

Pat said...

I love your quilt layout! I have finally picked out my fabrics and will start the new mystery. I'm putting the binding on the last mystery and will post a picture. Thanks for giving us these opportunities.

Jennifer said...

That layout is great with the mixed up blocks! Hope you had a fun date night!