Friday, May 19, 2017

Cats Cats Cats.... A finish

That I can now share!!

.....

Squirrel...



THIS!!! Flew over my house the other day. And when I was downloading photos I actually captured it! I was standing on my deck shooting straight up!  It was so noisy it sounded like a 16wheeler was coming up the road... and my dog and I looked, but this is what we saw!!

ok - back to the finish!

My friends Mom loves Cats, and she thought it would be great to have a quilt made for her, that matched her decor, and was special.  This is what we came up with!




The pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Co - Someone had asked me that earlier.... so there you go!
The quilting pattern is called Feathers A La mode and its from Dawnas Design Threads

Happy Friday you all.... our heaters have kicked on, and we have lakes in front of the house - our ground is quite saturated..... hello Green Grass in a few weeks!!

Linking to:

/confessionsofafabricaddict
TGI Friday
Finished or not Finished Friday

14 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
I'll bet your mom just loves this quilt! it sounds like it is perrfect for her ~smile~
Roseanne

Mari said...

This is lovely and colorful--lucky Mom! Hope your weekend is quiet with no big helicopters overhead.

Karen said...

Very pretty. This is the only kind of cats my dogs would want at my house. Very special gift of love.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

I love the subtlety of the cats - you can see cats if you look for them but just a beautiful pattern if you don't!

Dorothy said...

I just did this a couple of weeks ago using Tula Pink's new line Tabby Road; just love it. When it was done, all I had left in scraps were 2 sqs @ 2" and 1 @ 2 1/2" from the layer cake :-) My kind of "scrapless" quiilt

Shauna said...

so cute, I just did a bee block of that pattern, it was fun to make. But my puppy dogs thought it should have been doggies.

grammajudyb said...

Love that cat quilt! I'll bet your friend's mom was pleased!

Tami C said...

I showed the helicopter to hubby and he said Wow! I really like all the cats. I have seen this pattern before and really like it. Problem is, I told myself no new projects!

Kate said...

A very purrrty quilt! Hope you get dried out before too long. It's been wet here too, the river has been close to flood stage for what seems like weeks now.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out PURRfectly!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely finish! I hope you dry out soon. Spring is definitely here and I am loving every minute of it. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

Vicki in MN said...

The Mayo helicopter frequently flies over our house and they are pretty noisy, so I get it! The cat quilt is adorable. It's rained 5" this week and the grass needs mowing desperately here.

claudia said...

I just watched Jenny's tutorial on the Pins and Paws Quilt this evening! I need to make one for my sister. She has cats and has always had them, so I am thinking she should curl up in her recliner with this quilt keeping her warm...I am sure her cats will join her! Yours looks great! What a fun quilt!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I really like the corners!