Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Wednesdays Quilt of Valor show

Just an update on This challenge -
One quilter has completely finished her 12 in 12 challenge - I am jealous!
I have many more at the 9 quilt, 8 quilt, 6 quilt mark.... this is just amazing !!

Alright - on to the quilt show - These great Quilts of Valor are just wonderful inspiration!! I love looking at them, checking out the patterns/fabrics....

The first four quilts today come from Marilyn in Loveland/Ft Collins. She is a great lady!! She and her friend Nancy helped us out at a presentation, and at the Larimer County fair!! Love having friends like this!!






These two are from The QUILT KNOT guild in Colorado Springs - there were quilted by Janet Fenton. I previously gave credit to the wrong person - and I am so sorry!!! Thank you wonderful blog reader for catching this for me!!



These net three quilts come from April in IA - she is one busy bee - but always seems to find the time to contirbute to QOV - I sure appreciate it!!


This one that April did is a free pattern found for free

and this one - is is a one block wonder or a stack n whack?  Either way I love it!!





These next three are made by Norece ( she is one of the Patchwork Times Challenge people)

Isn't this a cool border or the Carpenter Star?


and the backing - flannel - totally appropriate!!!

I like the offset of this one - a really artsy look!


and the last quilt for the day - I loved it when I saw it in progress - and.... she drew me a pattern of the two blocks.... so now... I need to get busy!!


I hope you enjoyed todays Quilts of Valor!! If you did leave me a comment about them -  and it will enter you into a drawing for a $15 equilter.com gift certificate. When I first started doing Quilts of Valor - she found out about our kids project and sent us a box filled with Fat Quarters ... I very much appreciated that!!

Leave a comment by Friday October 5th at 10pm  ( or maybe 10:15 - depending on when the football game is over) and make sure you leave me a way to contact you!!

31 comments:

rebecca said...

The quilts are all beautiful. I am inspired!

k. said...

I love them all! (I am at 5 quilts I think...maybe 6, but we moved and I haven't really gotten back up to speed. Thanks for keeping me mindful.) k.

Nancy said...

A beautiful display of quilts!

It must be exciting to open the boxes and see their beauty of the first time. Thank you for posting photos.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty quilts! I love your show and tell days.
Susan B at saam109@yahoo.com

Joanne K said...

These are fantastic. I love the star one with the red/blue half square triangles and the offset design. Now I want to make one of those!

Joanne jojokost@aol.com

barbara arnelien said...

Thank you for all you do, and so many little elves as helpers. My father did Not return from WW11, so these mean a lot to me..I find my crying time with these wonderful,thoughtfull quilts. God's richest blessings to all.Barbara

Anonymous said...

Wow what wonderful quilts and the best cause ever!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Dell

Judy V from Thornton, CO said...

Oooh, those who get these stunning quilts are lucky! The designs are inspiring....no favorites, I like them all!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Great show today! I getting the remainder of my 12 ready to be mailed - just have to get the last one on the frame and quilted. Hopefully, I can do that shortly.

Kat Scribner said...

I enjoyed the show, Alycia. I love your efforts in keeping us all inspired for the cause.

Terri said...

Love the show today - you do attract some lovely quilts from blessed quilters. Makes me want to
Hugs

Unknown said...

Great job, Alycia and ladies! Inspiration indeed.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Great inspiration......great quilts......and a VERY great cause!
Kudos to all!
photokevin@centurytel.net

Sherrill said...

I'm just always amazed at how many quilts some of your peeps do for QOV. AWESOME!! And you do so much--thanks Alycia!!

Keri said...

Thank you very much for your on-going inspiration. Every time you post these beautiful pictures of what others have done gives me that gentle push to make another quilt for others! Thanks again! Keri dandylion68@gmail.com

heather said...

There are some great simple patterns that I'd like to try.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Another great batch of QOV quilts. I always enjoy seeing what other quilters are making. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Dawna Sanders said...

Wonderful as always Alycia! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your commitment to our troops!

Christie said...

Hi Alycia, I found your link over on the Quiltville Chat yahoo group and I'm so excited to see all this inspiration! Although I'm a military spouse, I just recently got involved with QOV and am attending my first QOV retreat this weekend here in Georgia! Thanks for sharing and for caring...cheesy to say it that way, but it is sincere gratitude!

Nikki said...

Lovely group of quilts. Very inspiring...both the quilts and what you and others do. Thanks for sharing.

The Quilting Elf said...

I am in a QOV group in Tampa, FL and love when you post your quilt shows - very inspirational! Thanks for taking the time to share your efforts.

Kathy T. in Tampa
http://qov-ctquiltersgroup.blogspot.com/

Marilyn said...

What an inspiration all these quilts are. Lovely. Thanks for sharing them. Motivates me to get going on another QOV

Jessica said...

Love seeing the show and tell, and I could buy more QOV fabric with that gift certificate! LOL Quilty hugs, dear friend.

Kay in NJ said...

That One Block Wonder made me think we do have female soldiers, too. Either way, I would love to see the look on the face of the soldier who gets that one.

Barbara Winkler said...

It's nice to see a lot of variety in the quilts. I know we strive for that so WE don't get bored!

Anonymous said...

Kay in New Jersey wondered if we have female soldiers too. Many of them. Did you know that many of the helicopters flown in Afghanistan are flown by females? They also have some of the toughest jobs such as being part of the teams going to pick up the dead bodies after an IED has gone off.

Each quilt will find the owner who needs it's healing the most. Beautiful quilts Alycia.

Andee said...

I always enjoy the qov's...thanks for all your hard work and for sharing them with all of us!

Sandra said...

Loved all the quilts. I never cease to be amazed by the generosity of those who give of their time, fabric, and thread. Non-quilters usually have no idea of the cost.

Christine said...

Alycia, as usual the quilts are beautiful. I always get great ideas from your virtual quilt shows. I just quilted one which was sent up to Atlanta.

Kate said...

Gorgeous quilts. It's hard to pick just one favorite from that set.

Suz said...

Loved looking at your site. What are the "rules" for quilts of valor??
thanks

Susie
seardon@kc.rr.com