Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The evening

Mind you - this is still Saturday.... after the parade we went to the park and perused the booths, they decided to go home and eat lunch.... then we found ourselves back on the road to an art class.   

I was quite skeptical - I do not see myself as a very artistic person . But Wrangler Man had found this studio that offered classes based on works of famous painters. So we took one about Van Gogh.... it was cool.

Here is our blank canvases... Notice the smile....we are a little overwhelmed - all this artwork is on the walls - and its pretty.......

I have added some things to my canvas - and each time I pick up a brush to start another spot, I think I hyperventilated!

But I perservered ( this is my word of the day) , and here is mine finished.

Both of us - all done - and its only 10:30 at nite - did I tell you we had been up since 5am?

5 comments:

pcflamingo said...

I'm impressed! Pretty darn good! Now I'm going to be humming "Starry, Starry Night" by Don McLean all day :D

LizA. said...

I begto differ, I think you're pretty darn artistic! You're a Quilter after all! Good job but phew, what a day. I'm exhausted just reading about it all. I honestly don't know how you manage to even find time to quilt with those three boys and all their activities!

Melanie said...

How cool! You both did such a good job. I have to disagree with you, you are obviously very artistic. Quilting and now painting, it's official! Glad you had such a fun, yet very busy, day!

Amy said...

COOOOOOOOL! And no offense Wrangler Man, but your wife has a slight better "artisitic touch". It looks GREAT!!!!!!

"I'd buy THAT for a dollar" :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! They both turned out so great! Don't you love that you stuck with it even though you were hyperventilating!?! My DH would NEVER do something this risky...way to go!