Monday, August 24, 2009

Quilt Show



The Rocky Mountain Quilt show this weekend at the Ranch was wonderful! Saturday, I had my oldest son in the booth with me, and he was quite excited at the amount of people that came by. He is a teenager ya know - and he even let a couple of quilters give him a hug. I was impressed!

~

Of course we were handing out information about Quilts of Valor. And we were encouraging everyone to get involved somehow. Of course, we mentioned our goal to be able to meet the needs at Fort Carson. It was so amazing how many people always wanted to get involved they just didn't know where to start. I think we pushed 'em ( grin)

~


Now - you all know I can talk - but my my - I don't talk that much in a month. I used up all of my words!! it was so awesome to meet people, many of whom had gifted quilts to us already, and many who have read my blog. I loved putting faces with emails and names.
~
Sunday my youngest two were with me. The middle child is a 5th grader this year, so his class will be the ones sewing this year. He was quite pleased to explain our school project to everyone who would listen. And seriously - all but one lady stopped to listen.
~
We had String blocks out to have people sign. It was quite humorous to hear people ask ...really ? I can write on the fabric? I think we had over 125 blocks signed. Should make a few quilts! I think 48 is an average quilt and borders.
~
And Saturday night - it was my Dad's birthday. So we went to P.F. Changs for dinner. I pretended it was my birthday dinner too - and I had their flourless cake. It was yummy! They cater very well to those of us that can't eat gluten.
~
When I got home there was a package waiting for me... wanna know what was in it? Then come back tomorrow......

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I wanted to swing by and give you a 'Howdy' but your booth was as far away from the classrooms as could be. So now I have to give a long distance 'Howdy'.