Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Arrived!

Look what I got in the mail today!!!

It is the first Quilt of Valor for the next delivery! Okay - so it isn't quilted yet - but thats just a technicality!! I already cut a backing for it, so I am prepared. This is a Scrappy Bargello - from http://www.quiltville.com/ and it is made by Janelle from MD!

I am so excited!

This weekend I finished a string quilt.. so need to get it quilted and that will be two. We are off for a great start.

Last Friday we had some pretty wicked weather around our house. Nothing at all compared to the huge tornado that hit Windsor - but still we spent the better part of the day in the basement. This pic to the right is the Spout - I think they called it - that built up speed and touched down about 2 miles from us. I took pictures upstairs then decided the wind and the churning clouds were enough. We headed into the basement and watched it go from the small windows.... yep - I am a chicken!!

Okay - back to sewing - I have an idea, we will see how it pans out and then maybe, just maybe I will share it with you ( if I don't screw it up - which has been known to happen!! )

Have a great one!

Alycia

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Great that you have 2 tops already and with your LA you'll soon have them finished. Sounds like a Sept/Oct delivery will be a possibility :)