Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Its Tuesday!



Our weekend just flew right by us! We had football Pictures early saturday morning, followed by a game. 3 Kids got hit hard ( at 3 different times) and we had delays of the game. They are all fine now - but ...shew that stuff gets me.




I am preparing lots of Pink Fabrics for the October HEartstrings project - for breast cancer quilts. You can find out more at http://www.heartstringsquiltproject.com/ . My Aunt and my Mom are both Breast Cancer survivors - so it is close to my heart. I found a really neat pink at the fabric store AND it was ON Sale - so I got it for a backing for a heartstrings quilt.


This quilt is the quilt I quilted for a customer who is a math teacher. I highly suggest quilting for math teachers - she is very precise, all seams are accurate, I think this is the first perfectly square quilt I have had for a while.
I did lots of feathers in the open spaces, some croshatching and lots of SID - she liked it.
I have also been sewing 6 1/2 inc 3 rail fence blocks with a cream in the center for an autograph quilt. I will be helping at heritage days in Greeley next week. In the quilting area, we will have lots of things to show kids - and hopefully they will have time to sign a block for a quilt for our soldiers. Of course - Quilts of Valor.
Have a great day!
Alycia

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

You have been quite busy! Your quilting on the teacher's quilt is beautiful.

Vicki Suan said...

You are awesome with what you do for QOV. I'm helping with Brooke Army Med Ctr but what I've done doesn't even come close to yours. Keep it up. I hope to catch up-lol!

swooze said...

You both did a beautiful job on that quilt! Love it.

Jeanne said...

I have my pink fabrics in the washer right now for my Heartstrings October blocks. It'll be fun to see how many we can all make.

Helen in the UK said...

What beautiful quilting on a very striking quilt :)

Randi said...

Love how you quilted that! I have that pattern marked in one of my Fons & Porter issues as one I'd like to make sometime. Seeing that one makes me want to start on it, but I really need to get other projects done first!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

I love the way your quilted that..............great feathers!