Monday, June 29, 2026

Pringles... the Beginning

Earlier this year my friend got me into trouble with a block swap....

And we called them *Pringles* 

All of us swappers got our blocks done before the due date ( I might have been the snail in the mix) but!! We got them all in and so - she swapped and sent the mixes back out to us...




Isn't that a fun variety of blocks?  We needed to make some with the constant color too - so I chose this purple gingham... I love it....


I even got some of the blocks stitched together....

At the time we started this I didn't know that a wonderful person had already done a quilt like this - and!! she had a tutorial of sorts !!  Lynn D at Klein Meisje Quilts  I love that she used a bright constant - so I hope my purple does what her mint did....

This may be an ongoing project for a while - but if I did my math right mine will be about 72 x 90... ish!! don't forget the ISH!!

**UPDATE** A few of you asked the sizes we used - 2 x 3 1/2 inch

Linking up with : 



Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

18 comments:

Donna P. said...

I really like this - I have so many 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 scraps already so I'm thinking of doing it that way. I think your purple will come up beautifully, just like her mint did. :-) Blessings!

Nann said...

You’ve got a colorful bunch of chips underway!

Nann said...

….and if Lynn D has provided inspiration, this could be “chips off the old block”? LOL.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

You all worked fast! I think your purple gingham is going to be a lovely constant.

abelian said...

That looks like fun! Lynn cut her scraps 1.5” x 2.5”, but yours look a little bigger, gauging from the cutting mat squares. Are they cut 2” x 3.5”? Dot

Kat Scribner said...

Thanks for sharing this link, Alycia. I love her quilt and love the little 2 z 3-1/2" bricks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love this! I think your purple works like it's supposed to. Now I want to make some, too!

Melva said...

What fun! Love the name... and Nann's suggestion of "chips off the old block" <3 Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

Delighted Hands said...

Nothing like a good scrappy quilt!

Sara said...

Very cute! I like the idea of adding blocks with a constant color to the mix. I have a whole box full of 2.5 x 4.5 pieces, but the smaller ones are just as fun aren't they?

Bonnie said...

-- Ah I thought this was the start of potato chip blocks. Wrong. Something entirely different. Neat idea to swap them. Have fun getting yours done. And, yes, I think the purple will work well with all the others,

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great bunch of scrap blocks. . .the variety is terrific!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Pringles is such a fun name! And Jeni Baker of In Color Order also has a free pattern for what she calls a Two-Color Baby Quilt that uses blocks like these. I made one in green and pink and we love it. What I like about yours is the crazy mixed up colors instead of all coordinated and organized. I think I might give your version a go with a stack of strips that just sit on the shelf.

Kate said...

The purple gingham does give your eyes a place to rest. Looks like you are making really good progress with your blocks.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love those Pringles blocks, Alycia. The mix you got is very fun and I think the purple is perfect with it! I love the scrappy look! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, fun! Thanks for the link, too.

Nancy said...

Yes, pass the Pringles, please! This is a fun one and using up scraps is always a bonus. I like the purple gingham, too. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Rebecca Smith said...

Out of the 500 for your swap are 125 the purple gingham? I am considering making my own