Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The New 5th grade class and there Quilts of Valor

Last year I got to help the 5th graders at my sons school make 9 Quilts of Valor for wounded soldiers and we got to deliver them to Fort Carson. Although I have no 5th graders this year - I have been asked to help again, as the teachers want to do this project again. I am so excited. I love seeing the kids get excited about Quilts and about helping others.

So Monday I went to the 5th graders and took 3 finished QOV's and 2 QOV tops. I was so surprised - this group had a few more kids that had parents that quilt - this is exciting!!

The kids were great - they listened well and asked wonderful questions. They are very excited to get started - so we will start getting fabrics together and move forward.

I have photos of last years project in my webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/jakeandmecom

and if you are interested in making a quilt for a soldier - go to http://www.qovf.org

Have a great day!!

No comments: