Monday, March 19, 2018

Stitching Slump

I feel like I have been in a little slump as I don't have these wonderful finishes to show you. And I was complaining to my kid - and then he laughed at me.  The nerve of him!!

He reminded me that I have been quilting - A LOT - just not on piecing stuff.  That really confuses a girl I tell ya!!

So!!
I finished this quilt:

My Friend passed away 2 years ago, and I helped her husband with her quilt kits and UFO's.  She had this one pretty much complete, it just needed a little stitching, Quilting and Binding... So I did that - and took it back to him. He was really tickled. But the best part - his house is just full of her quilts... so good to see!



Then I quilted this one - 
This is the next Quilt of Valor the Kids at School have made.

You'll have to come back Wednesday to see who we awarded the other 2 they have made to.


And then!
My dear friend rescued this quilt from demise!
Her family was cleaning out a family members house, and this one had some issues, so they were going to throw it away. She rescued it, and we fixed it up, and then stitched it to a larger quilt base so it would fir her bed.

I had fun!


and then!!!
I lamented that my 2 1/2 inch strip bucket was empty
and my child laughed
( he really is mean isn't he?)
and he led me to where I hid 3 more buckets of 2 1/2 inch strips ( oops)
so now my bin is full again and I need to make a quilt!


and then!!
Baseball started
and I wanted to try Baseball Photography
This is my kids friend
( and one of the kiddos who is helping do QOV in the school)



So now that I figured out I wasn't really in a slump
I am feeling better about my quilting life....

and ready to get to another project
Like my One Monthly Goal.... cuz March is swiftly marching by!!

14 comments:

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

All your pictures show how quilting is good for the soul!

Vicki in MN said...

I know exactly what you mean, I have been writing on a calendar this year. The day I finish a project I write it down, but not when I am piecing. So this past 2 weeks it is empty as I am only piecing, so it looks like I have done nothing!! So it is good your son reminded you!

Ramona said...

We quilters can be hard on ourselves. If finishes aren't coming out of our quilting studios, nothing is being done. The work you've done this week has touched many lives and will continue to do so. Enjoy your baseball photography! And the games. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks to me like you've been doing a lot! What a wonderful thing you did for the family of your friend who passed away! I'm sure it was really appreciated.

Churn Dash said...

It's funny how other people remember where we hide stuff!

I've found that I enjoy finishing quilts for other people. Not that I want to do it full time!

Helen

Sara said...

That rescue of the Cathedral Stars quilt is inspiring! Beautiful job! Don't be too hard on yourself. That mojo ebbs and flows for me too.

Kat Scribner said...

Lovely finish, Alycia and a super nice work you did for your friends' spouse.

Bonnie said...

What a hoot. (Ok, I don't mean to be mean -- it just struck me as funny this AM!) Two more buckets of 2.5" strips? You sure seem like you are getting a lot done if you ask me. Have fun with your photography.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Why do we all feel so compelled to TRACK and COUNT what we do in the studio (and out). Honestly, you'd think we'd have gotten over that by now . . . but I keep on documenting when I did what (I think I'm afraid I'll forget like my mom did with her Alzheimer's so I write down a LOT of stuff).

Vicki W said...

Seems to me that all of your life is pretty good these days!

Lisa J. said...

I'm glad you weren't in a slump....you've gotten a lot of quilting done in the last while. I've been feeling like I'm in a bit of a slump as well.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are TOO funny!! Please don't mention the fact that March is coming to a close. I've still got a wedding quilt to finish!!!

Kate said...

It's easy to loose sight of all the progress since there are so many stages to getting a project to completion. Your neighbors quilt turned out beautifully! Happy stitching this week.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Many times we think we haven't done much when we are in the middle of piecing....then comes a spurt when all kinds of things get done. It is so neat that you were able to complete the bargello quilt that your friend started and also to save the Cathedral Windows quilt!