Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Quilts of Valor CO

I have some great Quilts to show you today!! Do you have your coffee? or in my case Dr Pepper?

Let's go!


This one was fabric dyes, pieced and quilted by Vicki Welsh
She does AMAZING hand dyed fabrics!!



Below
I'm not sure who pieced this one
But it is made with our past Block Drive Blocks
and quilted by Steve and Linda in Parker




Again another top snuck in
I think that Bernie pieced it
but it was Quilted by Debra B in CO

This was made by Angela in AZ
and quilted by Stefanie C


Below - also quilted by Stefanie C
Pieced by our Greeley Group




I didn't know if I wanted to share this or not
but this guy ( The Horse) has been such a big part of my life,
since he was born on our ranch... and he loved my Soldiers and Veterans
he always had a nuzzle or hug for them
He sadly developed Plural Pnemonia, 
and has gone to the big Roping Arena in the heavens.

Its been a rough time, so I wanted to remember him
in his happy spot - trying to sit on someones lap!




13 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I'm so sorry you lost your horse, it's tough loosing those special animals. I love getting a pack of Dr. Pepper every once in a while just to change things up-I'm a Coke or Pepsi person.

Vicki W said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend!

Judy V in Thornton, CO said...

As always, I enjoyed seeing the quilt pictures; keep them coming! Your story about The Horse is a real heart grabber!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So sorry for your loss. I hope the hole in your heart is filled with happy memories of your sweet horse.

Farm Quilter said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Our fur babies of all sizes reside in our hearts...forever. As usual, the QoV are beautiful and will be very well received.

Julie said...

What a great variety of quilts and sorry about the loss of your horse. It is tough losing a pet friend.

Karol said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your horse.
Karol

Kate said...

So sorry about the big guy, he looks like he was a great cuddlier. So many great quilts going to new homes.

diana569 said...

So sorry Alycia, losing a furbaby is so hard, and it leaves a tremedous hole in our life. Hopefully the happy memories you shared with him will get you these tough times, he will always be with you in your heart. <3

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilts and beautiful horses! So sorry for your loss.

Cherie in St Louis said...

What an amazing horse and friend. Always good to honor and remember the animals that so enrich our life. Hugs!

Bobbie's Busy Basket said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful horse!

Andee Neff said...

I finally had a chance to search for my QOV and see that it was quilted all pretty! Thanks for all you do for our armed forces!