Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Bloggers Everywhere

After I FINALLY made it through Illinois - i really did hit Missouri!!!

I am not sure if you know this or not - but a few famous bloggers live there... and one said I could crash at their house, and two said I could have a meal with them.... and it was fun!!!


I showed up to the house.... and Look what was fed to me!!


Doesn't that look amazing?
At my house.... we just have tacos ;-)



I bet you want to know who cooked this right???

None other than


and then the next day - 
we met up with two more AMAZING bloggers for lunch


it was a mexican place - and check out this sink!!!
Isn't it great!!

Looky who I met!!
On the left is Dar - from Dar's Patchwork Garden
Boy howdy is that lady a busy quilter - she does all sorts of things for Quilts of Valor!!!

And then of course - there is Kevin
Then Me ( in the white - just in case you don't know what I look like)

and then Jan!  From The Colorful Fabriholic

She is the infamous ( I hope I got that right - as in famous) designer of our Log Cabin Triangle Block that we did for QOV, AND!! 

She has a great tutorial on her blog right now for another QOV - the Snake Quilt 



Out of all the snakes in the world.... her's is the nicest!!



Oh and don't forget Kevin has a Mystery on his blog now too!


Just so you know , I didn't just eat! ( ok , well maybe)
But I got a tour - and I took my real camera out, and I bought ( umm, unless my husband is reading - was given) fabric.... and I will show you more on Thrusday!!

because Wednesday is MYSTERY A6 LINK UP 
and show off day!!!

Whoot whoot




14 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally awesome post - and I LOVE that sink photo!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Love this post. The first plate looks like from a restaurant! NICE. mary in Az

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

It was so much fun to meet up with you for lunch! Thanks for the snake quilt shout-out.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Wow, Kevin's meal looks scrumptious. He can come and cook at my house anytime! I'm glad you enjoyed your drive home and had plenty of quilty meet-ups. Quilters are the best!

Libby in TN said...

I had the pleasure of spending time with Jan last summer. I bet I know where you were dining! Some day I'll catch up with Kevin -- we've tried at least twice -- and it would be fun to meet DAR, too.

Julie said...

What a lot of fun! Those meals look awesome and you would get tacos at my house too! :) Looks like you are having a great time!

Tami C said...

I have been unhooked from the internet since my dentist gave me the news that I was healing just fine so I flew out to Memphis, TN to visit my daughter and her family. I still haven't reconnected as I've been busy since my return with other issues. How lucky to have such a lovely trip! Sure sounds like a lot of fun!

Carlie Nichols said...

Wow!! Lucky you! Maybe it's a good thing to take the long way home ;-) Carlie

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lucky girl (on all counts!!!)

Holly in Indiana said...

Did Kevin show you the completed mystery? Where is the pictures? Did you meet his dog. I won't tell anyone what the mystery looks like, ah come on Alycia.

Pat said...

Such fun!! Safe travels for the rest of your trip!

Cherie in St Louis said...

So bummed I couldn't make lunch with you all.....work really cramps my quilt life, lol! Looks like you all had a great time and I'll bet you were totally taken with a certain special puppy, isn't Lily May a sweet headstrong girl?

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! When the internet was new (ha, ha, yes, I go back before google and yahoo!), my in-life friends thought I was crazy for staying with quilters I only met on the internet. I traveled from Arizona to North Carolina and stayed with several, and lived to tell the tale! It is so much fun to meet other quilters we've only known online. It looks like you had a great time, and had a wonderful experience!

Missy Shay said...

Where in MO were you? I live an hour from Springfield.