Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sandi's Quilt ( a Quilt of Valor)

I have a friend.... Yep - I really do, she even admits to  knowing me in public!!  She is that kind of friend!!

She and her group of amazing seamstresses made this Quilt of Valor, and I got to quilt it!!

I think it is quite a stunner!!




Isn't that just gorgeous!!
So many people asked how she did it - that she was kind enough to answer

( which is impressive, sometimes I forget how I did things!)

. I used a 10 1/2"muslin foundation, then started in the center with a triangle shape that was about 13"tall and 7"wide. Then string piece on both sides and squared it to 10".


I wish she had borrowed some of my strings though - then maybe my lid would shut.....

And because you wanted to see my kid fly through the air....



He's already tall - but shew - he gets way tall !

Happy Stitching!


Linked to:
MidWeek Makers
Lets Bee Social

12 comments:

KaHolly said...

Gorgeous QOV! I had a friend, once. ;)

Preeti said...

This is indeed a stunning quilt and a very handsome kid. Thank you for sharing the method :-)

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Great pictures...you caught your son in action beautifully. The QOV is stunning.

Alison V. said...

This is just beautiful! I love all of the different fabrics you've used. :)

Ariane said...

This quilt is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Susan said...

What a great idea! The result is one beautiful quilt! Thank you so much for sharing this on Midweek Makers

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the mini tutorial. That quilt is SPECTACULAR!!!

BarefootThunder said...

Love the string quilt!! thank you Sandy and Alycia for sharing the how to :)

I have a son that did hurdles in school, when he first started jumping them they came up to his chest!! It was amazing to watch him jump, he just sailed right over them...

Janice Holton said...

That is a stunner quilt!

June D said...

Beautiful quilt. Nice to know how it was made! Thanks for sharing.

Magoo47 said...

What a gorgeous QOV! It's one that I wouldn't have been able to figure out the How To, so thanks to both of you for sharing. Now I've shared it with my friends .. ..

Rosa said...

Wow, the quilt is fabulous!!