Saturday, January 21, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - More Purple

I had a little more time to play in my Purple.....


I made these - the purple that is in every block - that was the leftovers of a backing from another project that I will be sharing soon. It was kizmet I am sure.





This is all of my purple Churn Dashs so far.... and like Quilt Dive Julie says - there may be one or two voted off the island !!   ( If you read Quilt Diva Julies post - and you snorted like I did.... raise your hand!!)

AND!!! I may have started another little Purple Project - you'll have to check back next Saturday to see if it turns in to anything!!

And!!! Because I know you love seeing my kid play Basketball as much as I do - here's another shot ( Moms this is the one I sent you)       He's White 44 - and I love him.



















Linking to:
Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Patchworktimes
Moving it Forward Monday

17 comments:

Ariane said...

Loving your purple blocks!!

scraphappy said...

Always good to have a sacrificial block so that one can be voted off the island. What fun!

Cherie in St Louis said...

But of course we love to see #44 play!! Your action shoots are awesome. Raising my hand, lol 😂

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ha ha ha -- so glad you enjoyed that phrase in last week's post. You really are getting some great BB shots!

Cathy said...

Well, I wouldn’t vote any of those lovely churn dashes off the island! What great eye candy. We’ll be back next week to see what you’re up to, LOL.

Sherrill said...

Quite awhile back, I saw the prettiest green and purple trip around the block and ever since then I've wanted to make one. I had pulled a bunch of purples and just found them other day. Maybe after I finish some of my UFO's, I'll give myself permission to start it!

newsurfiegirl said...

Awesome churn dash blocks. Can't wait to see what else you are making.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great churn dash blocks. You never know; what you think won't work just might when you put it into a quilt layout.

Wendy F said...

Such great churn dash blocks! Looking forward to seeing how they all play together sometime in the future.

claudia said...

Love the purple churn dash blocks.
That's a great shot of your son!

The Joyful Quilter said...

My, how your "baby" has grown in the last two years!! Did he make the shot???

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Ha! I have an entire bin of blocks that have been voted off the island! LOL Your purple dashes look great!

Rhonda said...

Your churn dash blocks are great. You should wait until all the blocks are finished before you vote any off--they may look great with the others! You'd also have to find a new project to use the odd ones out and you know how one thing leads to another. LOL

Bonnie said...

Yummy purples. I do like churn dashes.

Kate said...

Purple is such a fun color to sew with. Your Churn Dash blocks are turning out beautifully, love the saturated colors.

em's scrapbag said...

Great purple blocks! I'm also loving the log cabin blocks behind them.

AnnieO said...

Churn Dash is my favorite block of all time. Your purple ones are so pretty!

Is that the batrillion and oneth photo? :)