Friday, June 24, 2016

Cut & Shuffle - Finish #1

Are you ready to see ONE of the final quilts we made with all the Cut and Shuffle blocks?

We thought it might be fun to add stuff to it - and give me some crazy quilting space. so..... Here is ONE of the quilts!!  ( we will make more as the summer goes on!)

This was sort of out rough mock up - to see if we even liked the idea


And we did!!! So I stitched it together and:
BAM!!



This is it!  Iquilted the heads of an Eagle in each of the white blocks.
The corner triangles have Stars
and the Cut and Shuffle Blocks and a Star Wreath in them

It was fun and I like the Variation this one gave!


We still have more blocks to play with
So.... you haven't seen the last of me!

Ps - it will be bound in red by my faithful QOV binders
And will go to a Veteran!

Ha Ha!!

Linking to:



12 comments:

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

The new version of Cut and Shuffle hits the spot! Love the quilting, too.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

OMG, I LOVE it! Such a clever layout! I never would have thought to do a layout like that with the Labyrinth block, but it's fantastic! Can't wait to see what you do with your other blocks. And I'm delighted that it will go to a veteran.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Great layout and I love the eagle head you quilted. This is definitely a perfect quilt for a veteran.

Janice Holton said...

How in the world did you quilt that eagle head? That's awesome! Would you have any suggestions for me on a fun way to quilt a chevron quilt, other than just lines that echo the zig zag? I don't have a long arm. Only a Bernina.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your newly completed quilt!!

Kate said...

A great lay out to show case the cool quilting. Congrats on your almost finish.

Patti said...

aww, this turned out great!

Unknown said...

So beautiful & I love it...

Kevin the Quilter said...

You are so talented Alycia! So happy to call you a friend! The quilting looks great, especially those eagles........please tell me you were using a stencil so I don't feel quite so inadequate? LOLOLOL

Preeti said...

A quilt is so much more than layers of fabric. This quilt has layers of design - the original and your version, the quilting and then the eagle head(wow), and the work itself - quilted by you and bound by others!!! I also noticed that the Colorful Fabriholic has put on her page, a link to your blog. Now, that is rocking!!!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my mom's quilt.
Hugs,
Preeti.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

That's a neat layout.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I specially love the quilting! Beautiful!

-Soma