Friday, February 27, 2015

Plaid # 8 - and the first QOV step

My February Goal for ALYOF and for me (grin) was to finish Plaid #8.  And - I am glad to say that I did!!!  I quilted the heck out of it - for fun and to try a new pattern.

Here it is:



Of course I used a purple plaid backing. The fabrics in the top are shirtings - but this is a flannel-ish type fabric.  It washed up super soft.



So - are you stitching along with the Quilt of Valor?   So far the

The Fabric has been posted:    http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2015/02/quilts-of-valor-2015-and-fabric.html

The Cutting Instructions:   http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2015/02/cutting-instructions-stars-and-stripes.html

And now we will start on the stitching. In my head - each step should take about 1 hour, or less - as most of you truly sew quicker than I.


Block Number 1:

We will be making 24 Star blocks - this is the first step in getting them ready.

They will measure 9 ½ inches unfinished.

I do everything in bulk so that when I am ready to assemble to block all the pieces are ready.

Grab your 48 – 4 inch White Squares.

Thank you SO much for playing along - the entire pattern can now be found at:

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/stars-and-stripes/132981

5 comments:

Regina said...

Love the plaid quilt. I'm going to try and join the QAL. :-)

Ramona said...

Your shirt quilt is wonderful! Oh, it looks so warm and cozy. Great job!!

Kate said...

The purple plaid quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on meeting this month's ALOF goal.

Ann said...

Your sixteen-patch plaid is so charming. The purples really shine. Congratulations on a nice finish.

Michele said...

I like this purple version.