Monday, February 23, 2015

Pink Plaid Sticks on the Plains in the Snow

Sort of..... I guess the snow is on the Plains, but the Pink Plaid Sticks is warm in the house.

I have had so many awesome comments , and direct emails about this quilt top . So many of you wanted to know how I did it....

So.... here is how.. I sat down at my machine and I stitched, and I looked up and the dog was barking, so I headed outside to see why, and I found a horse in my front yard. I took the horse back to the large pasture he was supposed to live in and I came back in the house and I stitched some more , and then I .....

Wait?  That is NOT what you were talking about?

Tee hee - I decided that my thought process is better put into pictures - so I created a pattern ( ish) for you and I loaded it in my Craftsy pattern store .... For Free..... so you could print it out and see the way my poor brain works.

I don't think there are any pictures of the horse in my front yard though - I'll save those for another day:



The free pattern can be found here:
http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilting/home-decor/sticks-3/132974


And here are some of the other patterns AlyciaQuilts Craftsy Store ( hope that works)

Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Ramona said...

What a bright, fun quilt! I love the pops of blue.

Mary said...

Thank you so much for offering the pattern.

Sue Daurio said...

The only thing better than plaids is pink plaids!! Goodness where did you find so many adorable pink plaids? A horse in your front yard, oh boy, that's a story you don't hear everyday! And you're so calm about like it happens. No idea what I would do if I found a horse in my front yard.

Kate said...

It's a fun pattern. No horses in our front yard, though we do seem to have acquired a rooster.

Sandra said...

Love the scrappy feeling of this quilt! Thanks for the free pattern. I downloaded it to my Craftsy account:)

Quilting Nonnie said...

I'm already trying to decide which color I'm going to make the quilt! It's so easy but has the wow! effect. Thanks so much for providing the pattern.

Julie said...

I agree the stripey blue gives it little pops, but I think all the directionality here is charming!
Definitely my opinion of a great quilt!

Julie @ Pink Doxies

Quilt crazy said...

Lovely!!