Friday, January 27, 2012

Quilted

I committed to Quilting and Pieceing 12 Quilts of Valor this year, but I never promised they would be the same ones LOL --- I think I meant it that way, and it may still be that way - but I did not make this quilt. It was made by Jessica in Denver,... and I have fun quilting it. I wanted to try some new things, and I think they look pretty good!!  

Notice there is still some chalk marks on there, but I will wash it after it is bound and it will be gone....

It looks puffy - but its not, I think that is wierd! I quilted in each block, and when you carry it its not to fluffy.... I guess I like the effect tho!!

Pat showed me how to make a new star *deallie* and I wanted to try it - so this solid block gave me a great place to try it.

See the chalked star? I did that in the borders even with each block.

Weave like quilting in the small border


And another star - just cuz I was so tickled they worked!!! And looked equidistant from each other ( thats a math term, and I am just throwing that in there... it sounded good LOL)

Saturday - I thought I would host a Quilt of Valor progress link up.... so if you have finished a top, quilted something, bought new fabrics, cut something up, made a new block - go ahead and share it.... Give us some inspiration!!

11 comments:

Alison V. said...

Love the red, white, and blue! Good luck on your goal!

Elaine M said...

Nice star quilting on the blue blocks. Colors look great with all the pieced blocks.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Super quilt for a wonderful cause. COngratulations on a lovely finish.

Carolyn J. said...

I really like the way you used some scrappy pieced blocks and some plain, gives me lots of ideas...the stars are a great touch too!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love your quilting choices! Did you free motion or long-arm?
Whoop Whoop!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Awesome quilting...lovin' all your stars.

Sue Daurio said...

love the quilting!! Great job with those stars.

Anonymous said...

Good looking quilt! I love the stars. I'll have to remember that one. Got one backing for my QOV challkenge, but it'll be the end of Feb before I start to get much done on the quilts themselves.

Shari from AZ
currently in sunny cool AL

Sandra said...

Love the simplicity of the pattern. Very nice!

bethanndodd said...

What a fabulous quilt...I love your quilting, the stars are great!
Good luck getting all of yours done!
Smiles~Beth

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilt, and I love the star quilting - I'll have to give that one a try myself!! Whoop whoop!!