Friday, August 07, 2009

Quilt of Valor Sew Along Step One

Step One:
Take your 61 Dark 1 1/2 inch Strips and your 61 Light 1 1/2 Inch Strips and sew them together using a 1/4 inch seam. I tried to time me, to see how long it takes - but I am one of those that sew for 15 minutes then have to go do a chore, and then come back. And I lost track of time.

Press them. I always press them to one side, not open. But that is your choice.

And then you have this lovely pile of strip sets.
Will this keep you busy for a week?


4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like so much fun...but no way, no how can I start a new project until some of these UFO's get going out of here! I'll see how long I can resist!

Miss Deb said...

Count me in I have been wanting to make a quilt of valor. I will catch up this weekend, Deb

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.