Monday, April 23, 2007

My little Helper



Well this last week has been really busy - and a little too much ~ so I decided I needed to get in my 15 minutes of sewing - just needed to feel like I got something accomplished. So I got up early, got my chores done, kids fed etc and decided I would get 15 minutes in before taking the kids to school. I had a little helper. My youngest decided he wanted to help - so he sewed on my lap while I ran the foot pedal.




Friday morning he woke up real early and came into wake me up. He said Mom - should we get up now? I need to get my 15 min. of sewing in before school....he is too cute. Anyways this is the block we have been working on - you can see more of them on the floor. It is the weedwhacker from Bonnie Hunter. We have renamed it the Scrap Whacker - cuz man is it whacking up the scraps!!! This is him being goofy ;-)




All these scraps are left overs from the backings of the 18 Quilts of Valor we have been working on for this years delivery.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little helper....and quite cheerful too....must be that 15 minutes of sewing really makes him happy !!!!

Clare said...

I wish DD would share in my 15 minutes - I'd get a lot more done!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story and that's going to be a really pretty quilt!

Suzanne Earley said...

Great block! Cute helper...

swooze said...

Adorable! I love the blocks as well! Keep up the great work!

Nancy said...

that's a great little helper you have there! And sounds like he's getting obsessed at an early age. LOL!

Rose Marie said...

What a darling ... and what fun he is having!

Nicole & Phil said...

the weed whacker pattern is great, and look great with all those scraps!
Well done on almost finishing your oldest ufo as well....