Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We survived our weekend

Sort of! Thursday Nite the kids had a make up swim meet - lasted till 7pm... and we got home late. We had to be back to a different pool Friday Morning by 6:30 am. That swim meet lasted till 2pm, and we made it home by 4pm.
~
Saturday we were finally able to celebrate Pipsqeak #2's birthday. He was so patient - waiting till after his birthday. But he really really wanted to take 2 friends Ice Skating... well try to coordinate that around all their "stuff"! But we did it... and I even put on a pair of skates. Please do NOT ask me how well I skate!
~
Pipsqueak 2 is in the striped shirt in the center!

~
We got home from Ice Skating - made dinner and reloaded for the oldest pipsqueaks "GUTS Meet" ! It didn't start till 8pm and was ALL long distances. Took a lot of guts!! I get to be the starter at the meets at our pool, so I feel important ( giggle) I get to tell all the swimmers what to do. Imagine the groans when I said "Swimmers you have a 200 Meter Butterfly - 8 lengths of the pool. Swimmers take your marks" They hated me... it was awesome!

~
That meet ended at 12:30 am ( thats like Sunday morning in my world) We made it home by 1:30 am...crashed and woke up to go teach Sunday School - 3rd grade....
Got home and had some friends over to practice Halter Classes and riding events. The fair is in two weeks and the 2 oldest boys are showing horses. I love our horses - but they sort of think they are people, and sometimes are in their own world ( hunh - kind of like a kid I have...go figure) . So it took a lot of practice. The dad of the family that came is a horse judge. He was awesome. He gave us great information, as only Wrangler Man has done this Halter stuff before. We had a great time, and wore the kids out.... bonus!
~
Also wore myself out - I was ready to sleep by 7:30 that night....

2 comments:

LizA. said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading about all that! Glad you survived. Just think, school will be starting before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Wow Alycia! Busy schedule!

I so envy you the horse stuff...my horseback riding is on hold for a while. Hoping later this year I can get back into it some....only problem is my mare is a little to goosey for the kids to ride...don't have an old-dead-broke horse around you would loan to us for a while do you? LOL