Sunday, May 19, 2019

Hands 2 Help Final Check in

Over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Sarah has hosted Hands2Help 2019

You will have to check out all the Lovlies!!!

Hands2Help Finale

I decided that I would quilt up these cute little Tops and get them to Jacks Basket - and they will go there.... however - I have had a tiny delay....


I did something to the ligaments in my thumb/hand area - My husband listened - I grumbled.... so it has hampered my ability to finish certain things - things that you use your whole hand to do.... *sigh*

But I have the quilts quilted, trimmed, ( cuz I made my kids do them!)
and ready to be bound....

I even have the binding prepped.... but my hand wears out.... and if you see any typing mistakes... ya


I am not a left handed typer - and have been  pretty grateful for spell check this last week.....


These will get there tho... I promise ;-)


Linkingto:
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Design Wall Monday
Moving it Forward

15 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I wear those Muellers at night. I know your pain ...

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Sorry about your hand. I am impressed you got all these special quilts done. Great job. Looks like a special group of quilty hugs to me~

ps.....I had trigger thumb from a repeated quilting movement. I ended up having surgery, so was out of the game last winter for a few weeks. Hope you heal fast my friend,

Quiltdivajulie said...

Take care of yourself --- it will heal but only if you give it some rest.

Barb Neiwert said...

Owie! Hope your hand heals quickly and well. Jacks Baskets will enjoy the donations whenever you are able to complete them. What a nice assortment!

Barob Book Blog said...

The quilts are beautiful Alycia! Take care of yourself and allow your hand to heal. It’s hard for those of us who want to keep moving but healing your hand comes first- in the long run, that is probably best.

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful quilts, Alycia! Let your hand heal - Jack's Basket collects quilts all year, and I know you'll get these to them as soon as you are able! Thanks for being part of H2H this year!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Oh, I hope your hand heals up soon, but give it a rest and don't rush it. Great quilts for Jack's Basket, and I'm sure they'll be appreciated whenever they get there.

grammajudyb said...

Oh Alycia, I am sorry about your wrist/arm. Take care...loving your little quilts. It’s cool that your kids helped!

Nann said...

Hope you heal quickly. Don't overdo! And if you don't routinely stitch bindings by machine, this is a good time to start. Your H2H quilts are very nice.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sorry to hear that you hurt your hand, but glad the guys were able to step up and get the H2H tops quilted!!

Vicki in MN said...

I am curious about where it exactly hurts. For a year my thumb and index finger hurt like heck. Mostly at the base of the thumb. I just limped along, wearing those stretchy fingerless glove like supports you get at JoAnn's. I figure it is tendonitis. Now my right shoulder is giving it a go. Hazzards of our work I think.

Sara said...

Lovely quilts and you'll get them done eventually. I have a similar brace that I wear periodically when the hand and wrist begin to bother me.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Sorry to hear about your injury. Take it easy. You have time to finish up.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Ouch! Sorry! As for the H2H quilts, better late than never. There will always be someone needing a quilt somewhere. I hope you heal quickly. Don't over do things, or you'll have a set back.

Kate said...

Oooh, so not fun. Hope it's feeling better now and you have better range of motion. Congrats on getting the donation quilts all done and sent off.