Monday, September 10, 2018

Colorado Hiking

I think this is one of the most beautiful times of year in our state - well until the snow comes - then I think that is the most beautiful.....

We packed a bag and took off to see some new sites.
And I Can never just choose one photo to show you - I just love everything we see!

Including these barrels - Just out there in the middle of nowhere. They were pretty interesting - but there was no sign, or anything indicating why they were there. So we made up our own stories..... like - this was where they used to have stills in the olden days - the dry days, and maybe there was still Hooch in there - ha ha!




But seriously - look at these colors!  It was just so bold and pretty!



and this cove - I think this would be an awesome place to camp
And boat if we had one!


It was just so peaceful 
and the colors were starting to get all fall like


I sorta wished I would have packed a few quilts out there for a photo session


But - after a few hours of hiking I was pretty glad I hadn't - my camera weighs enough ;-)


Seriously
Totally worth the hike



We still have smoke - not only from our fires but especially from California's fires
so it changes the colors of the skies in places

Check that out!!
So serene



and then - just cuz I love playing with black and white.....

Linking to:

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I grew up & raised my family in Colorful Colorado (on the front range) foothills for 50+ years ... Autumn was my favorite time of year....The aspen!! And how I miss the smells of the forest (and Denver Broncos!! -not the smells, the team). Great photos, like going home.

Klara said...

beautiful scenery.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love the idea of making up stories about things you see. I've done something similar before. Lovely post!

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative landscape shots! in Colorado ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

Kate said...

Beautiful shots! Looks like it was a very nice hike.

Barob Book Blog said...

Beautiful photos Alycia. It is a most beautiful state in all seasons- except through those darn fires. Enjoy!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very pretty!