Monday, June 11, 2018

I sewed!

I did it!! We finally had a few hours in which we had really nothing pressing to do -  or at least I didn't! I delegated and made everyone else do chores - all on the pretense of making dinner.... but hey! Whatever works!!

But first!
We basketballed!

I say we - because altho he does the real work ( the kid - white 32) I do the driving, and the preparing the cooler, and the mapping and the hard work of sitting the bench.... so I think I count too in the *we*  ( ha ha)




And then!! I to the rows sewn together on this baby!! Whoot Whoot - I put them on the ironing board so that early this morning I could iron. Last night at 98deg - it wasn;t happening!


And I got all these prepped
I have a bunch of churn dashes started ( Botton Right)
And in the half way stage
and almost finished ;-)




And then!! I started on these star blocks. Our QOV group ( thanks to Connie and Kathy) made 80 plus stars last week, and she had more cut to make - so I took a pack.  Our group is making the stars -
Connie and Kathy are assembling into the cool quilt below!


and today - I am back at the Quilting machine. My Client sent me the neatest Round Robin style quilt... and that;s my goal for today!


Linking to:
Design Wall Monday
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Moving it forward

13 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I sewed!

Preeti said...

Love the grey and garnet Irish chain. With such dark colors and bold design, it will make a very manly quilt. Fit for Hercules :-)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful work, love the stars.

Rebecca Grace said...

You certainly DID sew, Girl! It was fun to see the sports ball action shots, too. :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Doesn't just feel great? Gorgeous work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yay for sewing!! LOVE that new QOV, too!

Mary Ed Williams said...

Love the star quilt. And your picture of your son is super. I am a b'ball nut, so I do love the ballet perfection of the players. Good job! You and him.

WeedyMama said...

Jumpin' giraffes! He is T A L L!

Nice work on your part too.

Kate said...

I remember those days of getting out the door for whatever sport the SIT was playing. I'm glad we went to all those things, but it certainly does cut into your sewing time. Congrats on all the progress.

Jo said...

Wow... some great sewing

Vicki in MN said...

I am glad you had sewing time, after all we need our sewing therapy so we don't get cranky, LOL

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My next quilt will be churn dash (baby quilt). I haven't done much sewing, since I've been cleaning out my sewing room closet, and some of my sewing room, while our temps have been cooler (sewing room is the hottest room in the house).

Zafira @Zarkadia said...

Stunning Churn Dash block...this will be a very amazing quilt!