Wednesday, March 14, 2018

THE PATRIOT Clue #5

Mystery A7 - THE PATRIOT
Clue #5




MQ4M Clue 5

You need to gather your 16 Blue Star Blocks, your 12 Red White Red Rails, and your 8 White Red White Rails – basically all of the blocks ;-)
You will sew 4 Big Blocks that look like this:




  you will use 2 of your white/red/white blocks, and 3 of your Red/white/red blocks, and 4 stars per block 














Putting it all together!!    Are you ready?


Lay out the inner top like this:

I then stitched my Star/Stripe pieces to the Rail piece.

Then sewed them into halves, then the whole – and it worked pretty slick!


Next you need to measure the top – it should measure about 55 x 73. 

You will then add a little Navy Blue Border – it is 1 ½ inches wide.  I needed 7 Width of fabric strips to piece the tiny border, or you can use scraps.

Add the border – top first, then the sides.










Next you will take the two smaller peppermint pieces and lay them out as sewn. 

Because they all won’t be the same length, lay them out – then measure what is left.  Add ½ inch to the measurement and cut a 3 ½ inch wide piece by that length, in your White



Do this for both the top and bottom, then apply those borders.












Next you will lay the larger peppermint pieces out, and do the same thing to make the SIDE border.  These will go on the right and left sides.



And ta-da! Your quilt top is finished!!








Because I get to do mine before you ... I even got mine Quilted... and ... are you ready for this??? I bound it!! I didn't even beg someone else to do it - so I could keep it a secret.... I get points for that ... right??



The PDF file is available in my Craftsy Store ( for free)
you are looking for Mystery A7 The Patriot Clue 5

I hope you have enjoyed putting this one together - and maybe putting your patriotic pieces to good use?

I'd love to see you quilts - feel free to email them to me, post them on my Quiltygirl.com Facebook page - or send me the link to your blog.... that'd be cool!

Ps... I've got some new fabrics added to my Ebay page too....https://www.ebay.com/usr/quiltygirlquilts  and I have more to add !!


15 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks. Love the new QOV

Donna said...

I love it!!! Now if I can just get caught up! I will definetely send you a picture when I get the top done!!! Thanks for hosting the quilt-a-long!!!

Showmethequilts said...

WOWZER! I love the layout. You are very creative. Thanks for sharing your talents. My March goal is to get mine made into a top.

Marti said...

This is so cute! I hope I get to make it this year.

Kevin the Quilter said...

What a cool QOV Alycia! You are simply amazing with all you do for QOV!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Love it! Now, if I get my taxes done today I can start assembly!

Cathy said...

Yes, you get bonus points for binding. And kudos for designing and awesome quilt. I hope to get my top done next week!

Janice Holton said...

I didn't participate in this one but I wish I had! I really like this quilt!

Debbie Lou said...

I'm loving the QOV Mystery. I have to put this one on my list. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing your passion.

Carlie Nichols said...

It's stunning! May just have to make another one. Thanks for doing this. Carlie

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE it, Alycia!!! This may be my favorite one yet.

Carlie Nichols said...

Thanks so much for this splendid mystery!! Carlie

Anonymous said...

I like it at least as much as number 6! Maybe more. Thank you so much for this one!

Kate said...

A very fun mystery! It turned out beautifully.

Cathy said...

Thanks! What a wonderful design! I finished my flimsy and blogged about it today! Now to find a backing!