Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Quilt of Valor Presentations

I hope you all enjoyed the QOV Mystery Quilt that has been going on for the past few Wednesdays!!

Just so you didn't think we were neglecting our veterans while we were stitching ;-)

Presentation Photos!!



First up!
Two quilts that the Local School made
The High School FBLA ( Future Business Leaders of America)
choose a community service project each year
My son took Quilts of Valor to them - and ta-da
Here are two of the Quilts they  made - and they presented them to Veterans ( and teachers) in our school.  It was pretty neat!


And
The guys!
Combat Veterans
We surprised them, but they were so cool!
My son did the presentation and he was walking on air
and laughed - as they all wanted to be as tall as him





Women Veterans
We work with an amazing group of Women Combat Vets


And my Guys!
I love this group of Veterans
they are so sweet, and so excited to receive a Quilt
The ohh and ahh over the fabrics
We love them!



While I LOVE making these quilts
I love the LOVE we wrap our Veterans even better


9 comments:

Kate said...

Such fun photos! You and your group do so much with those quilt hugs.

Shannon said...

I love this!

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Your pictures and remarks hit the spot as always. I especially like your remark at the end of this blog....there is so much joy in making the Quilts of Valor and knowing our veterans get hugs and thanks from them!

Annmarie said...

Wonderful, wonderful! And what a great way to introduce quilting to high school students!

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job, Alycia and all of her quilting elves! It's wonderful that you've honored the veterans in your community and awarded them Quilts of Valor. Keep up the good work.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to go, Lil' Bit!! How wonderful that the FBLA quilts went to veterans who are now teachers. That is AWESOME!!

Farm Quilter said...

Love these! I have one more row and borders to put on the quilt top I am donating to my local Comstock Lode Quilters who presented a QoV to my dad on December 31 - when we celebrated our Christmas! He sleeps under that quilt every night!

Sara said...

Wonderful presentation photos. I'm waiting to hear back from an organization our guild is partnering with, to find out when and where our first guild QOV will be presented.

Pat said...

Beautiful quilts! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.