Monday, August 28, 2017

Log Cabin Triangle Design Wall

I may have Log Cabin Triangles on my brain.... and on my design wall!!

I have a little retreat coming up.... so - I thought I would be prepared... right?? me?? prepared??

Well I am attempting to this time!

I have been designing lots of quilt tops, and pinning them - so I can sew the rows and top them during my little sew in.   And if I need to go on a hike, I won't lose my place ;-)

So what's on the wall this time????

Here is version 1 - and its layout.  I had fun moving the center circle!



And then an offset circle

And then it moved to the other side.... ohhhh sorta like the eclipse!!! 
Ha ha - so If you didn't get to see it.... there you go 


and then I ran out of gold ones - so made this one!


These blocks are just so versatile!!
You can find the pattern ( for free)  
Here
Block design by

and then....
I have so many 2 1/2 inch strips
so I made this!


I saw this a long time ago somewhere,
and then it showed up again on my MSQC you tube feed.... so I tried it out!

Linking to:

12 comments:

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Love them all!

Vicki in MN said...

I absolutely love this quilt, so striking. I downloaded the pattern in hopes to someday use up some of my neutral strings! Thank you for sharing!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It is pretty fun when working with versatile blocks. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern. Have fun at your retreat! Andrea

Jayne said...

You've inspired me!! I love your quilt and those blocks are pretty cool! Looks like I have another quilt to add to my list...thanks for the pattern for the block!

beth s said...

What a great pattern!

Alison V. said...

These tops look awesome!

Gypsy Quilter said...

What creative energy you have. Do send some my way won't you. I really like the 2nd one.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your layouts all look terrific! Thanks for the shout-out. Have fun at retreat!

Kate said...

Lots of fun layouts to stitch up. Hope you get to do lots of stitching and hiking during your retreat.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great design options, one and all!!

June D said...

These all look great! Thanks for sharing!

Preeti said...

Love the offset placement. But whatever you choose it will be lovely.