Thursday, January 26, 2017

Chimney Sweep Quilt ( aka OMG and UFO) Finish!!

I rose to the challenge, and conquered the pile, I stitched until I could stitch no more.....

and Voila!!!

my January One Monthly Goal/ UFO is ......... Finished.......

And just to add a little statistics to your day... that makes 4  finishes... Lawsy Mercy, I do not know what Wrangler Man is feeding me, but he had better keep it up !!!!


I took it out to our new fence
I thought that would be such a pretty place to photograph it


and I was photobombed!!! By a cat
I sort of cropped her out


and the wind was blowing
and it was about 21 degrees


but I was warm 
I was jumping with joy and happiness



Before I even knew that Purple was the Rainbow Color of the Month I had already picked out purples to accentuate this - and I was so glad.... I used the cut offs of the backings for my churn dashes -

scrap management people!!!!  Bwahh haa haa

it is now listed in my Etsy Store ... if you know anyone looking for Green and purples - send them that way.....



Linking to:
Elm Street Quilts OMG Wrap Up

and to:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Ft Worth Fabric Studio
Busy Hands Quilts

15 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Are you SURE it's bound? ;)

It's beautiful!

Sherrill said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!!! But I woulda been takin' those pix INSIDE! 21 deg. and way below my comfort level! Yikes! Poor kitty gettin' cropped outta the picture. It's funny but I've been planning a purple and green trip around the block for quite some time--still in the wings.

Lori said...

Clap Clap Clap Clap!!!!

Go Alycia! (Love the cat getting in on the action!)

Patty said...

Very lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish! Don't forget to add the link to the linkup to your post.

Gypsy Quilter said...


ANOTHER finish???? Wait, I need to catch up, you're winning. Oh my.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Lovely! The purples complement the greens so nicely, good choice!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a BEAUTIFUL finish... and in the RSC Color of the Month, too!!

Terry said...

It is very pretty but you could have left kitty in the picture, we wouldn't mind.

Mari said...

It's lovely! *Love* the backing. Pretty pictures, even if you were fighting the wind.

Vicki in MN said...

Kudos to you on this beautiful finish!!

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

Izzy said...

Beautiful finish!!

Jeanna said...

I love green and purple together. Congratulations on your January OMG success!

AnnieO said...

Yikes, that's an icy photo shoot. Congrats on a pretty pretty finish!

Jennifer said...

That's a great quilt - congrats on the finish!