Friday, May 27, 2016

Pink Sticks 2

I have a finish... I have a finish.... Say that in your most taunting voice ! The one that you used to make your siblings so jealous of you!!!   Yep --- that always makes me laugh!!

This was my Leader/Ender project for a long time!  I won't tell you how long, because, quite truly - I don't know. I just kept working on it, and working on it, until one day - it needed to become a top!!

Now it is even quilting - and - are you ready for this? To my faithful followers, you had better be sitting down.... IT!  Is!  BOUND!!!  Oh yes - it is!!!


Ta-da!!
This is me - trying the magazine drape again...
Ha ha!


A little close up of the quilting




In it's full glory
I would have taken it outside 
except it seems we are starting a new tradition here in colorado
Every time Alycia wants to take photos outside - it must rain - a lot!
( or like today - even hail!)



And a little glimpse of its crazy retro back!!!

It is for sale in my Etsy Store




Linking to:



19 comments:

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

You are on a roll!! :) I really like the pops of blue you added (especially the plaid ones!) to the quilt. Bound too? Have you been taking binding supplements lately?? . . . wait, that doesn't sound right. . . You know what I mean ;) Congrats on a lovely finish!

quilteraddict.01 said...

I love the quilt love the pink is this a printed pattern or did you make your own pattern. If is a published pattern would love to buy it

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your pink quilt looks terrific. I especially like the dark blue in it - gives it depth and dimension. Congrats on your finish - especially the binding!

Jayne said...

Love, love all the pink and the backing too! Happy and gorgeous! Congrats on a finish...they are always nice!

Alison V. said...

Very pretty! I love the backing fabric you used.

Vicki W said...

That turned out so cute!

Jen said...

Oooo. Look at that back. How perfect!
Gotta brag about those finishes. I am hoping I will have a couple to brag about after this long weekend. We'll see. :)

Janice Holton said...

Yay! A finish is so worth celebrating! Since I don't have very many under my belt yet, I think it's an amazing feat whenever someone has one! LOVE that back!

Richard Healey said...

Love the simple top and fantastic quilting.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt. Congratulations on the finish!

diana569 said...

I read this and then went back and reread it,and it doesn't seem to answer the big question! Yes it's bound,but did you bind it? lol! you have all those guys at your house who also quilt! So they also must bind! lol! Your backing fabric is cool! Adds to a already pretty quilt! YEAH! for you, you're on a roll!

Susan said...

You know I love this quilt! Now that's it's done, it's even more gorgeous! Good thing I don't live close by, or I'd sneak off with it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

FUN quilt back!! Questions... panto or freehand??? I really like that design.

travelinsewl said...

Congrats on a job well done! I love the back too.

Patti said...

I really like that quilting on that quilt! Was that free hand? Either way, it compliments fabulously!

Jenny said...

What a pretty quilt - I LOVE pink! And your quilting is marvelous, you have done a beautiful job - congratulations

allthingzsewn said...

Any finish is a good finish in my book. I like the plaid included in the this, it keeps it active. a great choice for the backing too. I'm assuming you have a long arm to make such a large pattern in your pretty quilting. I'm still waiting for mine. It will come. How long did it take you to
get a smooth running pattern like that? I'll be grateful when I get that far.

Mari said...

This is so pretty! How nice that it was a leader/ender made of leftovers, too.

Kate said...

Very pretty. The quilting is gorgeous. Congrats on another finish.