Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Little bit of Wildlife

We love our little ranch, and we love being on it - 
but there are days we really need to get away.

So after digging a batrillion feet down to fix a bit of a water leak,
We loaded up and headed up the mountain.

I heard there was a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory that missed me;-)





We went into Rocky Mountain National Park.
It's pretty good Elk viewing around there right now, so we went the opposite way that all the cars were..... and we found some Bucks!

If you recall  - I sort of love Trees, and we were pulled over to the side checking out a tree.
All of a sudden a ton of cars pulled over behind us, realized there were no
wild animals - and they left......
Then he came out from behind the trees

( and yes, I had seen him, he was being patient for me)





I only took about 455 pictures - 
400 of them were trees (ha ha)
So be prepared..... there may be trees in a lot of future posts!

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

And I thought I was bad taking FORTY shots of the sunset!!! LOL

diana569 said...

what beautiful nature shots of the bucks, were you able to get up close to them, looks like you were standing right next to them. love it when you can just quietly sit and watch the animals. it's so peaceful! did you get chocolate,too? :)

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful buck and bull elk!!! Smart of you to take the road less traveled!! Looking forward to tree pictures!!!

Pat said...

I really enjoy reading your blogs. They always make me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

Great shots! They are big creatures aren't they? Hope you got in a walk while you were out in the park.