Monday, August 06, 2012

Another Fair

Yesterday we attended the Larimer County fair.... in a total different way! We were asked to set up a booth for Quilts of Valor and do an action! So... lucky me, all the ladies that came to man the booth were prolific hand binders.... so they bound quilts and we talked to everyone that came by,


We also had signature blocks for them to sign, and lots and lots and lots of pictures of military receiving their quilts.!!


Here is our table - and the ladies planning all the decorations.


Our sign



And a signer!! It was fun to gather signatures.
My favorite was a 4 year old little girl. 
She made symbols instead of letters - so cute!!

Now I think that is some of the last of the *big* places I need to be for a while. So I can really get back to my list of things this week. My design wall is completely empty, and is so lonely with nothing on it..... so back to work

To get inspired - go see some other design walls at Patchwork Times

3 comments:

Pattilou said...

Great post. It's fun to check in on you and see what you're doing. Always busy! ...and binding while visiting :)

Nancy said...

I just spent a week at the County Fair, too. Sadly, there was no display for Quilts of Valor. Your display looks wonderful, and I'm glad you were able to get so many signatures. Keep up the good work.

Vicki H. said...

Wonderful! I am so glad that people like you volunteer there time, talents and resources for such a great cause.