Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Quilty Inspiration

Just so you know - its cold outside!! We have had the nicest winter, and yesterday didn't even need a jacket. Today I am all coverall'ed up, and carhartted, and winter booted, and ear warmer'ed - and its still cold!! That wind!!! Uck... so I needed some quilty inspiration - cuz I am about done with the outside work!!!

So lets get crackin'

Check out these first two quilts - they came from Judy at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ She has the COOLEST borders.... but the time I get to the borders I just want to slap something on and be done, but she is changing that thought!!!



And this one!!!   This was a mystery quilt a long time ago at the MysteryQuilts4Military Yahoo Group, I made one, but I didn't put borders on like this one.... kind of wish I had now!


And Speaking of the MysteryQuilts4Military Yahoo group - Nancy - the fearless leader and clue maker upper ( tee hee) send in this beautiful Quilt of Valor. Nancy also has a blog:


Ms Gina and the Longmont Quilt guild, and Gina's sewing bee did these next quilts!  Wow - is her bee productive!  I even showed pics of the back of a few of them, inspiration!!! They are just great.
This next shot is the back - and the block in the middle? It is signed by all the bee members! I LOVE that idea!!



This last string quilt was made by Diane B of the Longmont guild. I really like all the light colors with the red in the center!

Again - a back - isn't it great?

Thank you ALL for your hard work. These quilts went off Monday with the Chaplain to be presented. He took 11 quilts to award !!!  

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful, wonderful quilts!

Impera Magna said...

Beautiful quilts... so inspiring!

beaquilter said...

very nice quilts, do you think you can tilt them the right way before posting? these are making me dizzy :-) LOL

Amy said...

I enjoy coming to your site to see all of these neat quilts. Very inspiring!

Cheryl Willis said...

I kinda know what you mean about borders.....so I tend to do the top and let it lay around until it decides to grow up. If you count your time and fabric it takes as much to so a large detailed border as it does to do the middle.