Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bound to the Prarie


A group of ladies took a class on the Bound to the Prarie Quilts, and oh my are they beautiful. Here are some pics of the way I quilted them. It was kind of nice - they wanted them all done the same way, so it made my planning a lot easier!
I did a lot of McCarmining ( okay its really McTavishing - but I don't know that I am as perfect as her - hence the new name) in the middles. They have more embellishments to add to it.
The borders were crosshatched. Note to quilter top makers - it is much easier to corsshatch if the borders have an even measurement to them, less of a fudge factor. These borders were really even and flat . It was a nice treat.
They were very happy with them and had them bound the next week, and are now working on the embellishments. So I was tickled.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is lovely! I'm sure they will be thrilled.

Vivian Love said...

I love your McCarmining. I was with Karen McTavish over the weekend helping her at a workshop. You're right, she does her McTavishing perfectly. I'm such a rookie at that technique. Your quilting is beautiful.