Friday, June 04, 2021

Stars Unfurled times two - and Finished ( Or Not) Friday!!!

Happy Friday!!!!

As you (may) know - I have been working on the Stars Unfurled Pattern from Katie Mae - I tested her pattern... and I have to tell you - I think I got an A!!!  Oh - whoops - maybe she got an A !! It's a great pattern and the instructions are very clear and great to follow!!

and now.... here are two of the Quilts that I made.....


Version Number 1 - I think it is so fun!! and love the graphicness of it ( I am learning to make up new words, so if that's not one... it should be!!)

Notice the Flamingo Clips!!!  I have no quilt holders at my disposal anymore - so! I improvised!


Version Number 2 - The wind graciously helped flip the quilt so you could see the back. You know you wanted to.....


And!!! Please notice - both of them are bound!! Is that not impressive?


Katie's pattern releases next Friday - and you will be able to find it here: Katie Mae Patterns


And now.... it is your turn to brag!!!  

* Please link up a direct post - not your whole blog.

* Please link up a post from this last week - not one from months ago...

*Please go looks at others awesome finishes - I have been able to get to each one during the week and they are SO inspirational

* Don't forget to link back here - it brings more traffic to see all your friends quilt projects!

**********************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
** *************************************************************************

have a great weekend!!

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

16 comments:

Cathy said...

My goodness...you have certainly been busy whipping up some A++ quilts. It's nice to see the two quilts in one post. It's fun to see how different a quilt can look with or without borders. Congrats on the finishes including the binding! Nice Katie Mae pattern too!

Linda said...

I don't know which one I like better! They are really pretty. What a beautiful setting with that view behind.
When I clicked on the link to Katie Mae's website I found an Oklahoma quilt pattern! Yes I did purchase it and really want to make it. She has some great patterns!

Snowcatcher said...

Both of those are so attractive, but the best part is your sense of humor. Thank you for sharing that each week!

Donna said...

I think you both got an A!!!! Both quilts are beautiful!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful job on testing as you made two more winners!

chrisknits said...

What wonderful finishes! Great pattern, and great quilts.

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, you did this pattern proud!!! I love the variation you achieved, too. Excellent work!

Rebecca Grace said...

Not one, but TWO completely finished versions?! I think you get an A++ with extra credit! Very cool pattern and you did a great job with it!

Barbara said...

Great looking quilts!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

double congrats on your double finish!!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That's a great pattern. Kudos on finishing two quilts. Well done.

WeedyMama said...

"Okay" she said in a small, meek voice. The first thing she noticed were flamingos! in Colorado?!?!?! Love both quilts and the lucky recipients had better appreciated you did it all YOURSELF.

Did you get Illuminated and use the RT method for binding?

All the 'bits' have flown?

Hugs to you and puppy.

Bonnie said...

Wow! You are a super tester to get two quilts done! They both look great. And flamingo clips too? You are amazing!

Astrid said...

Definitely A++ for finishing TWO quilts! Love the pattern and both versions; with and without border. Well done! Happy weekend!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What an adorable flags waving pattern!!! The flamingo clips--lol! Handy and cute!!! And thank you, wind!!!

Kate said...

Both versions turned out beautifully!