Friday, May 29, 2020

String Quilts.... And Finished ( or Not) Friday

Happy Friday!!!

String Quilts are some of my most favorite types of quilts - I love the idea of the wonkiness of them turning into something usable... and so! Here we go - It measures 55 x 73 inches of scrappy!!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/805777641/blue-and-yellow-string-quilt-modern?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1 
I think that the blues remind me of the skies around here - you never know exactly what color Blue you will get.... but something will show up!

and the yellow - because we are told that here in Colorado there is at least 300 days of sunshine...

I am not sure where they measure that - or for how long you have to see the sun... But .. I like the idea there is that much sun in a year!!



I quilted a small meander over it -
I just felt the need to not have to plan or place a pattern
Very relaxing!!


And of course - you need more yellow right?
Just made the back pop!




Alright!!! Let's see all the goodness you have been working on!!
*******************************




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



************************************

Linking to:

17 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I agree that string quilts are fun and a relaxing project. Love your blue and yellow.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I could take 300 days of sunshine a year! I don't know what we have but we get a bit of rain for at least 6 months of the year which usually means cloudy skies here

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it, Alycia!!! What size did you cut those yellow centers? I hope this one is staying in the family or else you're mailing it to me! :P

chrisknits said...

So cheerful!! I guess I should ask where in Colorado. We head out to an area north of Cañon City each year to spend time with out friends at their property. We can see Pike's Peak from their site and then hike around the hill to see the Sangre de Cristo's. Such a beautiful world we have to enjoy!

Snowcatcher said...

The blue skies have been wonderful! And oh, how I love the color combo on this. I, too, think string quilts are cool, but I haven't had the time or patience to do as much as I like. So I doubly admire your creation!

Bonnie said...

Ooh -- I like that you used mostly blue with the gold/yellow. I'm all for trying to use up scraps and that seems to me it might make some sort of dent in just the scraps in blue.

Kathleen said...

String quilts are fun and your blue and gold version is terrific.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love yellow and blue together! great finish...string quilts shine like no other quilts!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very jazzy! Love the yellow zaps. Super job. Can't claim that Buffalo has near that much sun, but when we get the blue skies, it is heavenly.

Karen's Korner said...

Scrappies are my favourite and yours makes me happy.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Blue and yellow is a great combo. I wish we had 300 days a year of sun. But we've had sun all week, so I'm so very happy about that. Have a great weekend.

Angela said...

Blue and yellow are such a classic combination. Sun and sky -- hard to beat. Love how it turned out.

Delighted Hands said...

This string quilt just sparkles! Great job!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love string quilts, too -- funny how I keep getting sidetracked with other projects though. Maybe when these are caught up . . .

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love those colors all together, and your quilt is very pretty!

Lady Fi said...

Wow - that is lovely!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, I just love the yellow in your string quilt. It really makes it pop. I just love string quilts. If you ever feel like it, please consider linking up your post to Free Motion Mavericks. We'd love to have you join the party :-)