Friday, June 23, 2017

T Shirt Quilts

I am a HUGE fan of T Shirt Quilts!!  My kids have so many shirts, that I can't wait to get them into quilts, and get the excess parts out of here......

One of my friends was a Big Marathoner!! He had bags of Marathon and 5K and running shirts... and so... we dug through - and about 50 shirts later.....

Ta Da!!



So this is the front of the quilt... we chose to just use the logos as they fit, versus using each T as the same Size


And this is the back!
Each shirt is a square on this side




I was able to make them the exact same width, but needed a little extra on the length
I think it turned out pretty cool!!


And then my other Friends Son was graduating from High School
Which is so weird - because I still see him as 2!!!!

And this is what we did with his shirts




and then we made a pillowcase out of the backs of the Ts
Too much fun!!


13 comments:

Sherrill said...

WOW!! You've really been busy. They look GREAT and I'm sure will be loved and used.

jann said...

What great memories for them. I really like the blocks rather than the whole shirts....they both look fantastic!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Those are a lot of fun T-shirt quilts. And they have so much meaning to the recipients. --Andrea

Vicki W said...

I already knew this but this confirms that you are a very good person. Making tshirt quilts gives me hives! I've done 3 or 4 and hope not to have to ever do another one.

Teresa said...

great job on the t-shirt quilts, I have done 3 and was surprised how fun they were to make

BunkHouseQuilts said...

I love t-shirt quilts! Perfect job with the 2 sided t-shirt quilt. I have never made a t-shirt quilt without sashing. I can see where you would gain space.

Mari said...

These look great! Your friends are very lucky!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Alycia,
WOWEE! You rock on the t-shirt quilts. WOW - front and back - sooooo COOL. I would love, love, love that . . . and I've never tried to make one but have a bag of my brother's t-shirts that I saved (he passed away almost two years ago). Soon hopefully. ~smile~
Roseanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

Years ago, I vowed NEVER to do another two-sided T-Quilt. How did your machine handle having T-shirts on both sides? Both of those quilts turned out GREAT!!

Ramona said...

The top t shirt quilt is awesome! I love how it's reversible. The quilting design really makes it sing. Great job on both!

Pat said...

Love both T-Shirt quilts. Great quilting!

WeedyMama said...

I have NEVER heard (read) of anyone that liked to make t-shirt quilts, but.... I think you had better start giving lessons or writing a book. Those quilts will mean more to the recipients than any quilt made of the "perfect" fabric, colors and pattern.

GREAT job!

Slice of Pi said...

Those are fantastic! I haven't found many people that love t-shirt quilts! What's your secret?? Are you an interfacing or no interfacing believer? Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!